Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: What do you plan to be doing when You're 104?

This isn’t music related but we visited my aunt and uncle several weeks ago. My uncle had a doctors appointment and it was inspiring to see him drive away with the top down on his V12 Jag...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Refinished 87 Flatiron Festival

I used to live in the area and Tom was the only luthier I’ve ever used. He worked on several of my old Gibson A’s. Always did a good job. Last time was several years ago and my wife was a bit...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Traditional Italian mandolin in Italy?

A local Italian restaurant had live Italian mandolin music when we had an early dinner this past summer. Seems to be a weekly thing, but perhaps not in the winter.

Here is a video (not from than...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Orange is now Watchhouse

My only concern is how will I ask Alexa to play music by them considering there are two band names.

:-)
  5. Thread: Main Strength

by jim19
    Replies
    Views

Main Strength

(not sure how interesting this is, but I felt like writing it today)

It was 40+ years ago that I (at about 14 years old) was given a junky old mandolin from my grandfathers attic. After arming...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Stripped screw on case

If screw head is raised so you can get some "bite" on it, I generally use a small pair of vice-grip pliers. Clamp down squarely on the head and lock the pliers. Get a good tight grip before trying...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: old mandolin

So I snapped a pic of my mandolin and then a couple pages from the assembly instructions. I was 15 when I put it together. Made a brass truss rod cover and the strap was from an old purse of my...