Search:

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Gig or inexpensive case for Ibanez tenor guitar

I have this Ibanez tenor guitar;
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Seagull S8 Mandolin armrest question?

Why not make your own? You can get violin chin rest clamps from International Violin. All you need to do is cut a piece of wood to the outline that you want the rest to be, carve and sand it to...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: The Blarney Pilgrim

Savage playing man! I particularly like some of the different things you do in the third section.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Soft Picks ?

Why not try some inexpensive soft picks to see if a softer pick makes the difference you want? If they'll let you, bring your mandolin to a local music store that has a good range of picks and maybe...
  5. If you're patient...Avi Avital coming to Baltimore

OK, so it's very nearly a year away, but I'm not going to miss this chance to see Avi with the Baltimore symphony.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Kit question

I got an A without holes from IV, and cutting the oval hole was easy.
  7. Re: Old banjo fretboard question (no mando content)

I'm no luthier, but why not try automotive spray paint? You could mask it off and easily spray it on. You'd have to clean the frets again but that would be relatively easy (right?). Maybe you could...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: a bad practice session

I call it quits. Otherwise, all I'm doing is practicing my mistakes.
  9. Re: This Gibson mandolin deserves it's own page for its back side

You could at least set it on an instrument rack with the back showing when you're not actually playing it.

The gold top is so visually uniform that turning the mando around and showing the wild...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Walmart Mandolins on Clearance!

Nobody would try to hold a soldering iron that way more than once,for sure.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Hey! I'm "Album of the year"!!!

Most excellent!Felicidades!
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Oval Hole Resale

If an oval hole is what you like the sound of, I'd say go for that without regard to the resale value. There are lots of other people out there who prefer them too, and if you ever decide to get rid...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Inexpensive Bridge on Elderly

Ebony is harder than Rosewood and many people feel that it transmit the strings' vibrations to the top better. It might not make enough difference on your Stradolin to hear the difference.If it were...
  14. Replies
    Views

Avi Avital in Baltimore

It's a LONG way off (March of 2020) but Avi Avital will play a Vivaldi mandolin concerto with the Baltimore Symphony.Their whole season has some terrific classical and light classical concerts. The...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Would appreciate some opinions please.

For that kind of money, it would really pay to go someplace where you can actually get your hands on some instruments even if it's a bit of a trip. You could even spend part of that 6 thou for a...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Fiddle Tunes with History?

I'm partial to that tune because Jan 8 was my Dad's birthday. Also Elvis' :grin:

Long before I knew that as a fiddle tune I knew the tune since it was used in the popular song The Battle Of New...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Fuzzy notes on the g string

Sorry, I couldn't help myself. This was the first thing I thought of

18. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD... Generosity indeed!

Good story. I love hearing things like that. Kudos, Marty.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Would it be a dumb move?

That just gave me an idea for a funny mandolin gag gift. An add-on kit to convert your A style mando to an F style, with mock scrolls and points.They could even be plastic since it would just be a...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Would it be a dumb move?

How far is "some miles"? The only real way to tell if it's worth it is for you to try both mandolins side by side.
  21. Re: Just killed my rotary tool - what to replace with?

Don't laugh.
    I was just at my local Aldi, and I found a Dremel clone 1.4 amp rotary tool with 190 accessories for $30. Accessories include a flexible drive shaft,like a Foredom. Lots of cutting...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Go Deeper, Not Wider

For me, I disagree with the premise. Over the years I've dabbled with a ton of things out of curiosity only to drop them sooner or later for lack of interest. At least I had the experience and taste...
  23. Re: Classical on an A-style Kentucky Mandolin?

What exactly are you having difficulty in duplicating? Actually picking the ornaments?What book do you have? It might help if we could see examples.
    Tone is affected by a ton of factors. Someone...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Any Penny Whistle Players here

Yankees1- In case it hasn't been mentioned above,I'd strongly advise you to learn to read sheet music if you don't know already. It may look daunting but it's really not hard at all, and it will give...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Banjo Set Up

You might want to ask about this on the Banjohangout.org Banjo building,setup and repair forum. There are lots of very friendly and helpful people there who will be glad to help you.
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4