Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Questions of Covers?

An aside...

The best bluegrass song, in my opinion, sounds like a cover. What I mean is that when a song sounds like I should have known it, like its an old Monroe tune I just never happened to...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Questions of Covers?

Many bluegrass bands play nothing but covers. Noam Pikelny's fantastic album is one example, but there are many more, many of them classics. One of the best concerts I ever attended consisted of...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: First Post, hello, and also pics of my mando

Hello and welcome to the cafe Andrew. Get yourself a great cafe hat and coffee mug and get involved! This is a great place to be on your musical journey. Nice looking mando you got there.
  4. Re: First Post, hello, and also pics of my mando

Yes, another product of Antonio Tsai/Inlaid Artist workshop made in VietNam and sold thru Taiwan. I am glad it has held together for you tho from what I have seen the hardware is the weakest point on...
  5. Re: First Post, hello, and also pics of my mando

Welcome! A lot of us started on less-than-stellar instruments -- it's the music that counts, though. Glad you've found your way over to the café!
  6. Re: First Post, hello, and also pics of my mando

Hi Andrew-

Welcome to the 'Cafe. Very attractive mandolin you have there.

Lee
  7. Re: First Post, hello, and also pics of my mando

Greetings, Andrew. Glad you're here.
  8. Re: First Post, hello, and also pics of my mando

Hi Andrew.........welcome to the Cafe..........you'll find lots of knowledge on this site both among members opinions as seen in the active discussions & through visiting the discussion archives...
  9. Re: From a really good to really great mandolin... what happens?

A lighter wallet and a p----d off wife !
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Best emando for the money

The electric guitar loves these threads.
    They make him smile from his throne.