Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy St. Patrick's day!!

Now that was impressive! Good job!
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy St. Patrick's day!!

That was awesome. My favorite Gunnar was #10 who went to the fridge for a bite!
  3. Red Diamond Sizemore Vintage (video with pro audio)

Very excited to have acquired this Red Diamond mandolin here on the classifieds. Thanks you Mandolin Cafe!

I have been experimenting with the mics/mic placement and assume there's some others who...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Any of y'all go to SPBGMA?

I’m just glad that you didn’t say see one.

5. Thread: Kimble F5

by LKN2MYIS
    Replies
    Views

Kimble F5

In keeping with my new strategy of getting rid of a few instruments with the goal of getting one much better one (I have WAY too many instruments), I recently got this:

199344 199345 199346 ...
  6. Replies
    Views

Damn! Missed it -- unlikely though it is, that it was a Devastator. Someday, someday, I'll get to hear one...
  7. Re: A New Mulerskinner Instruments A5 build starts...

Keep saving, its well worth it! As someone who has played most of the mandolins to come off of Andy's bench, they are well worth the price for a beautiful, US made, handcrafted instrument from a...
  8. Replies
    Views

I was there! The whole thing was a shadow of its pre-Covid self, but still awesome as always.

I didn’t know there was a Shmergel present, but I did feel something shaking the floor all weekend. ...
  9. Re: Sturgill mandolin and guitar on fb marketplace

Wait… maybe after all these years we had been spelling if wrong… the Sturgill Devastator! :)
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Battle of New Orleans

sounding good! nice vocals :)
  11. Re: Contemporary Christian Music with Mandolin Solo???

Go back a few years and you'll find a brief mandolin lick in one of the most popular CCM tunes of all time: Amy Grant's recording of "El-Shaddai" by Michael Card.

But seriously — any song can...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: OT-ish: fiddle pickin' ?

"Mad Fingers Pizzicato".....

vLjaS26xRro
  13. Re: What Child is This (chord melody arrangement)

I didn’t see this until today, thanks for posting! We’ll done, bravo.
  14. Re: What Child is This (chord melody arrangement)

Wonderful! Merry Christmas
  15. Re: What Child is This (chord melody arrangement)

Very nice. Merry Christmas!
  16. Re: What Child is This (chord melody arrangement)

The perfect start to my Christmas celebration - may yours be full of joy and inspiration, and may you find things to be thankful for everywhere you look!

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Jerry...
  17. Re: What Child is This (chord melody arrangement)

And Merry Christmas to you, Gunnar! That was lovely!
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Post a picture of what's on your bench?

Another "tiny pieces" inlay with everything safely in their pockets --

Steve

PS - Thinking a lot about the loss of Barry Kratzer's good-humored creativity while doing this detail...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Barry Kratzer

Agreeing with Lucy. We knew Barry so well and talked to his wife on the phone the day he passed. Tragically he passed from a heart attack and we are devastated! The details don't matter all that...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Barry Kratzer

As a close friend of Barry Kratzer, I know he will be missed severely by so many! He was a great instrument builder and all his instruments sounded and looked great. For all those who own a...
  21. Replies
    Views

RIP Barry Kratzer

Barry Kratzer, who built Bulldog and Kratzer instruments died last night in Savannah from complications of COVID. Barry was also a singer and musician who played in bands in Pennsylvania and all...
  22. Re: Shove that Pigs Foot a Little Farther into the Fire

Shove the Pig's Foot is my favorite old time tune and you did a great job! I think that it is amazing to be able to play all those instruments with that kind of flow.
  23. Re: Shove that Pigs Foot a Little Farther into the Fire

Excellent
  24. Re: Shove that Pigs Foot a Little Farther into the Fire

Well done. You can tell you're having fun which is one of the big points of playing music! That was the tune to play in Minnesota in the mid 2000s, it was everywhere. I haven't heard it in a while...
  25. A New Mulerskinner Instruments A5 build starts...

So, I've been bit by the bug again, been too long without an A-style mandolin and Andy at Muleskinner Instruments will be building me a new A5. We met over the weekend at his shop and selected...
Page 1 of 33 1 2 3 4