Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Eddy Peabody w/mando

My father played tenor banjo but changed to plectrum banjo later in life. Eddy Peabody was his banjo hero. I believe he had every record eddy Peabody played. Dad died in 1990 and listening to...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Alternative tunings for your 5-string

I've been playing 5 string electrics for just over three years now and love the standard CGDAE tuning. I play classical, jazz, and some popular stuff. If you can handle using tab as well standard...
  3. Thread: Retirement

by Kenny A
    Replies
    Views

Re: Retirement

After owning a small business for 38 years and working 51 weeks a year and 6 days a week, I finally sold my business and retired two years ago at age 68. My main goal after retiring was to get...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: The saddest song ever

In my opinion (as if that carries any weight), the country song by George Jones, he stopped loving her today, is no doubt the saddest damn song I ever heard.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: You can help me again, and this time it's FREE!

I added my vote as well. Good luck!
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Why electric mandolin?

I thought I would add my two cents to the fray, for what it's worth. Like most, I began with acoustic instruments and as I progressed and improved I kept looking for different voices, hence the...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Roland Mobile Cube for Portable Amp

FWIW, I have a Mobil Cube as well as a Micro Cube and absolutely love both. The Mobil Cube will fit in luggage a bit easier than the Micro. I often do a bit of playing in local parks and such and...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: compulsive instrument polishing

I don't believe keeping anything clean and in like new condition can be considered abhorrent behavior. My two acoustic mandolins cost about $3500 dollars combined and I'm proud od the fact they look...
  9. Replies
    Views

Review of Blue Star 5 string Mandoblaster

First off, I'm not a luthier, professional musician, or technician, just an amateur with basic knowledge of setup etc. When looking for a 5 string, only two new instruments fell into my price range,...
  10. Replies
    Views

E Mando player intro.

I left an introduction in the general topic area and thought I would do the same here. I'm a retired small business man plunging toward 70 and have been playing mandolin for a few years after a long...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: A brief introduction

I'm located in Onondaga County, just north of Syracuse. It's slightly cooler today, but still perfect for sipping a cold one. Also, I appreciate the welcome.
  12. Replies
    Views

A brief introduction

Greetings from upstate NY. I'm a retired small business owner pushing 70 who has been hiding in the bushes for a number of years gleaning every useful tidbit of information you fine musicians have...