Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: 10-15 Minute Theory Practice

You can also click on 'File' and then 'Download' to download a Excel copy to your own computer.
  2. Replies
    Views

10-15 Minute Theory Practice

I've been working on Chad Mannings theory for fiddle and mandolin on peghead nation and I think his 10 minute theory practice routine is great. In short, you pick a key and;
    1. Run through the...
  3. Replies
    Views

Domra Sheet Music

Sheet music for domra, classical and folk music. Useful for mandolin too... :mandosmiley:
  4. Published: Anonymous mandolin concerto (sinfonia)

Hi,

Just wanted to share that I finally found enough time to publish editions of the mandolin concerto ("sinfonia") I discovered in 2012 (see initial blog post). (It's likely from around the 1750s...
  5. Replies
    Views

The Old Basement Piano

Some of you may have missed John's announcement of his new free tunebook -- 64 original mandolin tunes, all with harmony parts and chords, including many I have already recorded in this thread:
  6. Replies
    Views

Free Greek Music Book

I found on the web a free greek music book by Ricardo Sánchez Alférez, 10 melodies with sheet music and mp3 files. This is the link:

http://6266207-0.alojamiento-web.es/wordpress/?p=707

You...
  7. Re: Peterson Stroboclip HD Tuner Review and Comparison to Origina

So after having been extremely annoyed that my Stroboclip I stepped on a rainbow I finally bought the Stroboclip II. The decission took about a year. Why? Despite the fact that I found the Stroboclip...
  8. Replies
    Views

Music-writing & tab-writing tutorial & INDEX

New index for updated 2017 MuseScore 2 tutorial, all of the following is covered in one 22 minute video. :disbelief: :grin: Video is designed to be readable even on small screens such as phones. The...
  9. Re: Drop Box is now available for Italian 'ballo liscio' sheet mu

Hi Everyone,
    I hope you'll enjoy being able to play some new titles. I've attached an updated "combined" titles index here, and you will find the following titles added to each folder along with...
  10. Replies
    Views

Rondo Galante

Dear mandolinist friends around the world,

two excellent mandolinists, Paola Esposito and Sabine Spath, recently performed my Rondo Galante, a light-hearted, modern take on a charming theme by...
  11. Replies
    Views

Free tunes for winter 2016: Winter's Tale 3

Dear Mandolin Friends,

Yet another year has rolled around since I posted my Winter's Tale 2 tune book on this Forum. Here is Winter's Tale Book 3. I hope you enjoy playing through it. If you see...
  12. Replies
    Views

Brook Green Suite by Gustav Holst (1933)

Brook Green Suite for string orchestra by Gustav Holst
    dedicated to St Paul's Girls' School Junior Orchestra

Here arranged for mandolin orchestra (M1, M2, 8ve Mandola, Guitar, Bass)

Three...
  13. Replies
    Views

The Great Scottish Composers

I have compiled a small booklet looking at twelve different Scottish composers from the past 300 years, giving musical examples and a brief biography of each. I have chosen musicians who have,...
  14. Replies
    Views

Eastern European sheet music DROP BOX

Right before Pietro Tesio died, he had started publishing Greek and Roumanian (his spelling) sheet music. I am most fortunate to have made contact with Antonio Eptaminitis' descendant who has...
  15. Mother lode of Ernesto Nazareth transcriptions

Marilynn Mair just sent a note and rather than making this into a news item we thought it would fit just as well or better here.

Here's the lowdown from Marilynn:

My friend Marcilio Lopes, the...
  16. How to play every major chord on the mandolin (Beginner Lesson)

This might be a little redundant for the more advanced players but I think it's a really useful lesson for some of the beginner or intermediate players. I wish somebody would have explained this to...
  17. Replies
    Views

Free sheet music for winter tunes for 2015

Dear Mandolin Friends,

A year has rolled around since I posted my Winter's Tale tune book on this Forum. Here is Winter's Tale Book 2. I hope you enjoy playing through it. If you see any errors,...
  18. Vittorio Monti: Mandoline Louis XV (w/ score)

Vittorio Monti (1868-1922): Mandoline Louis XV

This piece was written as a trio for two mandolins and guitar by Vittorio Monti, composer of the famous Czardas. No opus number of date of...
  19. Replies
    Views

I Bersaglieri - Italian March

This is an Italian march, associated with the army corps of the Bersaglieri ("Marksmen" in English") -- instantly recognisable by their black feathered hats.

My arrangement for mandolin quartet is...
  20. Replies
    Views

Free book of tunes for winter

Dear Mandolin Friends,

I put this little book together for my mandolin practice group. I hope you enjoy playing through it.

Best wishes for the holidays,
    Evelyn
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Irish Tunes for Fall

The Golden Rule is always to play it within your comfort range, but there are some accepted and traditional tempos for these tunes driven by the dancers, because this is all dance music we're playing...
  22. Re: What category to search - Gypsy/Romanian folk?

Check out Djangobooks.com, the best source online for Gypsy Jazz, Gypsy and other music. Also try our social group here. If you can bring yourself to read notation or just want to see the chords,...
  23. Re: recent experiences with Fishman Loudbox Artist and AI CODA S4

sorry for the delay in responding - yes, that is exactly what the Fishman would be good at. Neither channel is designated as "mic" with the other being "instrument" - they are identical channels for...