Search:

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

New Stradolin Day here at the house

Brought this home today. I've been looking for what info I could. Seems some of them had an ink stamp date inside the back visible through the bass side F hole. No such luck here, but I like the...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Astroturf Noise

The gentler side of things:

https://youtu.be/q6TlxuQvZJs
  3. Replies
    Views

Astroturf Cacophany is a pretty good name too! Though we'd lose the rhyme with "Bluegrass Boys" :mandosmiley:

Yes, our violinist Sana often uses sheet music when we play. Though there is certainly...
  4. Replies
    Views

Hey, this is Sam from Astroturf Noise -- just stumbling on this thread now! I'm enjoying the spirited discussion of our music and experimental music generally :)

Thanks to those who had nice...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: What is the story behind the "scroll"

Orville was heavily influenced by Victorian times, though he was working somewhat later. Ornamentation was the order of the day, and his personal aesthetic led him to heavily ornament things; thus...
  6. Diy roman style plectrum complete walkthrough

Hey folks. These plectrums seem like they pop in and out of stock and some folks always refer to an older kinda low res video. I decided to make a bit more of a comprehensive how to for them. Please...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Question on "tiers" of instruments

I absolutely disagree with this kind of thinking. It is natural enough way to think, but it is wrong headed.

I can see going for economy on the first mandolin, where one is not sure of one's...
  8. Re: A likely contentious opinion on electric mandolins

Just a hunch but I think someone pulled a clever Photoshop pun on you. I approve!

Original post you're referring to:...
  9. Gibson Must Now Face Antitrust Litigation in Heritage Case

Some relatively new information for those that wish to keep up on the latest legal antics. Don't believe this has been posted here. This information is from guitar.com posted 6 days ago.

GIBSON...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Bourgeois Mandolins!

Northfield has produced hundreds of Calhoun mandolins that retail under $1K since this article came out in 2018: Northfield Introduces Three New Michigan-Made Instruments
  11. Replies
    Views

Just to be clear, I don't post their videos here to poke fun at what they're doing. There are people reading this and sometimes posting--in this thread--that do have an appreciation for their work....
  12. Replies
    Views

How's She Lookin' Now?

The Well Worn F2 has some new finery! Me and my mando took a trip up to Jake Wildwoods yesterday to fix her up in her fancy new duds.

Hey, I think putting on the new (old) Handel tuners made her...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Volume vs Tone

https://youtu.be/s28oq4W2PPk
  14. Replies
    Views

Sierra playing a Goldtone mandocello

Well you may have seen me attempt to play on a Goldtone mandocello, here is the real deal.

nR_VjBJOP4A
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Ronnie Spector, RIP - And MC

Noice. I'm not sure I had a crush on her, as such, but I loved her voice. That's not strong enough - I lurved her voice. ;)

I was a little surprised she included this Eddie Money song among her...
  16. Replies
    Views

Ronnie Spector, RIP - And MC

As many of you may know, on Wednesday, January 12th, we lost another great. Ronnie Spector died. :( I wasn't going to post anything here, though I definitely would have followed suit if someone else...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Fretless mandolin?

If you want to play maqam Middle Eastern music like an oud player, I can certainly see why you might want a fretless mandolin.

I did vaguely check into this after I had been on a course at...
  18. Replies
    Views

First one for 2022

Starting the year of with a rather smart ziricote/torrefied sitka Session King tenor guitar. One of three similar guitars I made at the back end of last year.

Nigel...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Best prices Gibson F5

I was blessed to spend a lot of years with Charlie Derrington, and he was one of my best friends. Danny Robert’s is in that same place. All those that were in the bluegrass division while I was...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Fretless mandolin?

Well, I'd like to hear some Hindustani music on that fretless mandolin.
  21. Replies
    Views

Fretless mandolin?

https://youtu.be/zbIl7Rkd72Y

I'm not sure how to feel about this. Can someone tell me how I feel?
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Worst scroll of the last century?

For posterity
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastwood Mando Magic - Opinions?

No offense to the posting of the above video, but here's one from someone that actually knows what a mandolin is and knows how to play one. Always amazed at people demoing mandolins and the first...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Andy Irvine / Paul Brady

Arthur McBride is still one of my favorite Christmas songs, I know it's not about that but love it!
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Tristan Scroggins on Eastwood Electrics

And a fourth, since limit is three per post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqY-OhNiP2A
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4