Search:

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Classifides

by pops1
    Replies
    Views

Re: Classifides

Some folks 2k purchase is probably harder to come by that money, than someone else's 10k purchase. Even at 2k I would want to hear and play the instrument. If it wasn't the sound I wasn't looking for...
  2. Thread: Classifides

by pops1
    Replies
    Views

I, same as Pittsburgh Bill, have bought several instruments from the classifieds here with no problem and have not sent one back. A trial period is a must for buying something you can't play in...
  3. Replies
    Views

I have purchased several mandolins and sold a hand full via the Cafe Classifieds. All had a 48 hour trial period with agreement that buyer pay return shipping. This has not been a problem and would...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Top Current Makers

I have been a reader of this forum since I started playing mandolin in 2007. Between then and now, I have never felt the need to post anything here. Instead, I have always been content to read what...
  5. Re: Learning a Ronnie McCoury solo everyday for the month of Janu

Yes, happy new year!

And what a project to boot.

May I sugest "Glen Rock" from the Tone Poets CD (which has the most awesome right hand downstrock and tripplet ideas):
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

Merry Christmas friends!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v81LKkUOYj4
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: McClung Armrest

Hard to believe I’ve done this 16 years. The McClung for 14 years. A nice expensive hobby/business. I contemplated retiring from it, but the wife didn’t want bored. She was right. Thanks to all...
  8. Replies
    Views

Flatiron A5 Jr on Sweet Georgia Brown

https://soundcloud.com/user-875085466/sweet-georgia-brown

9. Replies
    Views

Mowry F5 in action

I picked up Mowry #122 from a cafe member a couple weeks ago and I’ve really fallen for it. The low end was good as soon as I received it and the trebles have come a long way as well, probably due to...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

Paris Waltz Thanks for the Listen!:mandosmiley:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkzK7QDtbJM
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Slow down software

I just use the speed control on YouTube. Handy and cheap for lazy and cheap folks like me.
  12. Replies
    Views

Slow down software

I’ve mentioned in the past that I use and prefer the program called Transcribe! to slow down audio and video files, I like it a lot, I also use The Amazing Slowdowner on my iPhone in conjunction with...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Northfield Recurve Case

For posterity:
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Question about Collings mandolins

While it is always best to plain an instrument before buying, Collings Mandolins are very consistent. The Collings MT (A style body) is another alternative to consider if you are buying online,...
  15. Re: How to Keep a Headstock Tuner from Damaging Your Instrument

If you are worried about the finish or bumping the tuner into the wood of the mandolin then just clip the tuner onto the mandolin as needed. No need to keep it on the instrument permanently. Store it...
  16. Replies
    Views

another string changing tip

My personal favorite tailpiece is the James for ease of changing strings. On my Gibson's, I'll use blue tape to keep the loop from slipping of the hook. Here is a tailpiece that came off of a...
  17. Re: Collings MT2 versus Single Shop Builder Purchase?

Everybody's got their choice, but when it comes down to it, no dealer will turn down a Collings when you want to trade it for something else. I have seen more disappointed faces from owners of other...
  18. Re: Collings MT2 versus Single Shop Builder Purchase?

The carpathian top MT2v's are probably my favorite.
  19. Re: Collings MT2 versus Single Shop Builder Purchase?

I really hate to pile on, but wow:

https://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/167899#167899
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Peter Ostroushko Passes

Garrison Keillor has posted a great tribute to Peter on his website. Lots of stories of the Prairie Home Companion days, video clips, and good photos of Peter. Check it out here: ...
  21. Replies
    Views

Joe K Walsh, Darol Anger and Mike Barnett

Thought I'd share this great video. The fiddle playing is wonderful, but what is also striking is how Joe's rhythm playing really drives the tune...and his solo break is fantastic too

22. Replies
    Views

Peter's mandolin playing was foundational for me when I was learning mandolin. His later soundtrack music for Ken Burns and others remains atop my listening/playing along list.

A fond...
  23. Replies
    Views

I just now heard the news. I took mandolin lessons from him for seven and a half years before the stroke ended his playing. He was my teacher, my mentor, and my friend. We saw eye-to-eye...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Gassing for next Mandolin

A used A style is the place to look.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Removing Northfield Pickguard

Yup it's that simple and you may be over thinking it. Just be careful not to slip and gouge with the screwdriver. I take mine off and put it back on occasionally.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4