Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Arm rest a good aid for begginers?

Seeing how many classical guitarists these days wear a miniature sleeve over there right forearm to deal with discomfort due to the edge, I'd say this is a fairly common issue and that mandolin...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Nickel bronze strings

I really enjoy them. To my ears, they have a stronger fundamental and fewer overtones than phosphor bronze
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Arm rest a good aid for begginers?

I have an armrest made by Voight Mandolins. The slightly elevated height does help a bit with good picking technique, but the main reason I bought it was because the corner of the mandolin where the...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Monel users.....

Yes they do seem like they have more give to me, even though they apparently have more tension. I once compared the tension to two otherwise identical sets for acoustic guitar: both Martin strings,...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Stainless Steel Strings

I regularly use D'Addario's stainless steel strings, and they are excellent. I haven't noticed any corrosion/oxidation after even months of use. The strings are more likely to wear out from metal...
  6. Thread: Jazz Picks

by EricLopez
    Replies
    Views

Re: Jazz Picks

This has been my experience too. Despite the name, they aren't especially popular among jazz guitarists in my experience. Jazz guitar players use every shape under the sun, but the Jazz III seems to...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: New pickmaker (new to me)

Hey pops1, sorry for the delayed reply. The PEEK is by far the brightest (and loudest), owing to its relatively high density versus other materials out there. The brightness might be a bit much for...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: New pickmaker (new to me)

Hello! It’s exciting to see this thread on the forum! I’ll try to very briefly address every standout point or question:

Jim Garber: The PEEK is fairly bright sounding in comparison to Blue Chip’s...
  9. Thread: Dawg picks

by EricLopez
    Replies
    Views

Re: Dawg picks

Pick making is a lot of fun, and every player should try it at least once. It's really satisfying to watch them gradually take shape from a chunk of raw material.
    However, Vespel and PEEK are far...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: what strings do you use.

About a year ago, I tried the D'Addario Stainless Steel strings in medium gauge, and I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to anything else