Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Breaking in or Opening Up

I'm one of the ones who experienced a new mando "opening up" & wasn't going to post due the varied opinions & thinking did it really ? But after reading Rob Roy's post I'm chimming in. I had a custom...
  2. Re: A likely contentious opinion on electric mandolins

If a Godin A8 qualify's as an E mando, than I think the OP is wrong on the sound part, playing the A8 with a 5 piece band through a Fishman LB the tone/sound that comes through the mix isn't much...
  3. Re: (Godin A8) Making my mandolin look more ethnic

I also use a Godin A8 but in a semi loud band and kinda thought the same thing the A8 doesn't look the part than realized I don't either so what the hell & I usually hide behind the singer anyway....
  4. Replies
    Views

Something a bit different

Hi there, I just started playing Lap steel & ran across this western swing mando, never knew it existed. Anyway thought I'd post it up for a little amusement.
  5. Thread: John hiatt

by Loubrava
    Replies
    Views

Re: John hiatt

The Dude who played on that album is a beast, there are some real cool licks/grooves He does which takes a good right hand (& timing) to pull off. It would be cool to see what you post ahmandolin &...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: In Praise of Mediocrity (?)

Been at it for a few years for FUN but awhile ago I was voicing frustration at my "mediocre" playing & the guitar player in our band said "you know I'll never hit a golf ball like Tiger Woods but I'm...
  7. Re: I pulled the trigger again. Hope this isn't a blank this time

YOLO bro ! (that's from my millennium daughter) Very nice looking mando I got a Weber a few years ago and love it Happy Picking !
    Lou
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for Recording Equipment Suggestion

Very wise to record the lessons it's amazing how much info. you will get & only process a small amount at least thats been my experience. If you want a really nice recording & dont mind spending...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Reducing Fingerboard Width

I just had this done went from 1 3/16" to 1 1/8" and had depth of neck reduced. New nut, re-fret, re-finish neck with a great set up cost 300.00 + 160.00 shipping. It made a huge difference it dosn't...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: KM-162, Epiphone MM-50e, Godin A8

I've been playing a Godin A8 in a semi-loud band for a few years with nothing bad to say about it, but decided I needed more of an acoustic sound (I'm playing through a Fishman LB artist) so I had a...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: $3000 limit Weber, Collings, Pava or?

My 2006 Bitteroot has plenty of sustain, resonance and chop, spruce top, maple back & sides with a radius fret board. I played both Pava and Collings great instruments but i wouldn't trade the Weber...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Godin A8 amplification

I've been playing an A8 for a few years and have used it with all types of amps as everyone has said the A8 was made to be amplified there is no chance of hurting anything except your ears ! Have fun...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Favorite Acoustic Amps?

I tried 3 different amps and the LB sounded better. I started with the mini but for rock thing with full band I returned it for the LB artist. The mini just wasn’t loud enough to keep up with the...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Amplifier recommendation

Fishman Loudbox is the way to go works especially well for vocals too. A really nice sounding amp you can’t go wrong and Fishman policy of fixing any of there amps for $50 regardless of if you bought...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Counterfeit D'Addario Strings from Amazon

Good one !
  16. Replies
    Views

New Ratliff Country Boy

Hi there, just thought I'd post a pic or 2 of my brand new Ratliff CB. I added a some upgrades which took the price up to about 2K. It has radius ebony fret board, EVO gold frets medium, James tail...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Instruments, Cost & the Placebo Effect

I don't buy into the "diminishing return" part of the OP's post because it's highly subjective and it is not up for someone else to decide if a person has some type of" diminishing return" on there...
  18. Thread: Mapes strings

by Loubrava
    Replies
    Views

Re: Mapes strings

After a month or 2 with the Mapes I’m not liking them, they go out of tune like crazy I’ve had same mando in same environment for a long time and never had strings need so much tuning. I also broke a...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Amplifier recommendation

I’ve played and sang through a few and the Fishman Loudbox artist is fantastic great sounding mandolin and vocal amp with separate effects on both inputs. I think you can get a good used one for...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Pulled the Trigger

Nice, I got my BR from Mandolin store and couldn’t be more pleased with the store and the Weber your gonna like it !!
  21. Re: rookie question: Weber -vs- Collings -vs- others

Just my advice, buy the Weber from one of the stores that support this site and if you don't like it they will take it back (call first to make sure) that was there policy awhile back and probably...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Reason I Buy Two Buck Chuck !

A month ago I would have agreed with you only through my ignorance. Then I went Gruhns played and listened to several 7K-22k mandolins and the 22k mando was clearly the winner for volume and...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Question for Used Mandolin

For a beginner take Allenhopkins advice buy from a good dealer and not worry about getting burned or over paying, get your mando and play the heck out of it. Then u will probably get mas and end up...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Unused wedding for sale

Wow, I read the ad & bit jealous I've been married twice and couldn't even get my wife to make lunch much less post up an for me !
    Some guys have all the luck.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Trip to Carter's

I was lucky enough to be in Nashville last week and play quite a few mandolins at Carters that place is fantastic ! But the Blonde that did it for me was the Gilchrist it out shined every other one I...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3