Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Punch brothers

I liked when it ended too.
  2. Re: which is better mass produced mando...Loar or Eastman

Of for god's sake! Loar's are stamped out like washing machines on an Asian assembly line by people who have no idea what a mandolin is or what it should sound like. All Eastmans are beautifully...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Native American With Mando-Banjo

"Then He-Who-Makes-A-Racket was exiled from his tribe, and wandered alone into the desert, where he was rescued by an itinerant jug band, and passed the rest of his days in Memphis."

-- Chronicles...
  4. Re: Stewmac shipping outrageously expensive and NOT eco-responsib

The sun came up this morning. It will go down tonight. You don't have a choice on that one, it will happen no matter what. If you don't like the prices a company charges then you have choices. You...
  5. Re: Stewmac shipping outrageously expensive and NOT eco-responsib

Just so I understand this, throwing out paper that breaks down and goes away in a landfill is less eco-responsible than using a bubble wrap plastic product that will never break down in a landfill...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: New Washburn 'Timeless' F-5

I noticed these instruments as well and was curios. I'm glad I held off and waited for reviews from folks that have/had actually purchased one as I couldn't be any happier with my F-style Timeless. ...
  7. Thread: For John Prine

by jasona
    Replies
    Views

Re: For John Prine

Report from his family this morning was that John is showing improvement today.

e. Just saw a message from his wife that clarifies that "stable" doesn't mean "improving". Its still very serious
  8. Thread: For John Prine

by CarlM
    Replies
    Views

For John Prine

Joanie has still got it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJPvc5vvKY4
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: The virus, the economy, mandolins and you

A friend of my wife shared this CS Lewis quote (Circa 1948) with her a little while ago and I think it applies well here:

In one way we think a great deal too much of the atomic bomb. “How are we...
  10. Replies
    Views

GIROUARD F4 Delivered Today !!!

The most beautiful mandolin I have ever seen was delivered today ! Port Orford top and beautiful flame maple back ! Workmanship second to none ! Sound really projects crystal clear notes across the...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Information on Vega "Little Wonder"

Vega made five levels of Mandolin Banjos, as pointed out above your Little Wonder was the second level and the first with a metal tonering. Here they are are in ascending order. Each of these styles...
  12. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Maybe, maybe not. There are those who would complain if you bought a new rope to hang 'em.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Gigs Cancelled - Health and Safety

We were scheduled to play at the annual St. Paddy’s Day Parade post-bash at the RiverCenter in Davenport, Iowa, Saturday. That was all canceled last night. It’s the nation’s only bi-state parade...
  14. Replies
    Views

They not only cancelled St Patrick's day, they also closed every school and college, banned all mass gatherings and basically put the country on lockdown for at least 2 weeks. Excellent choices from...
  15. Replies
    Views

... Which is the reason not to over-react.

This year's novel Coronavirus has become as much a legal-liability and political issue as a medical issue. If panic continues, every financial sector...
  16. Replies
    Views

Haven't lost a gig yet, thank God. Music is the only way by which I make a living these days... this said...

The amount of confirmed coronavirus cases in Maine equals the number of toilet paper...
  17. Re: Gibson threatening the mandolin and guitar luthier community

Give them 90 years.
    If you look back through some of the numerous threads about the efforts that have been made to return the caliber of the Gibson mandolin back to its height I do not think you...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Woodstock

Thank you for your service.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: If You Don't Perform In Public....

Eat off the “good China” is my constant! My heirs have not made ANY interest in them, they will not polish silver, and rarely even wash the freaking dishes (maybe a bit young but, still...)!

I...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: If You Don't Perform In Public....

HAHA - love it
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Wegen Bluegrass Pick/Weber Strings

If you want a guide to when to change strings take your fingernail and slide it under your wound strings. If you feel a bump where the frets are it's time to change.
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Gig Costume

My performance costume involves pearly snap shirts and a mic stand beer holder:grin::cool::mandosmiley:
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Upside down Irwin

24. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin all cracked up

The parents should replace it. That would be the honorable thing to do.
  25. Re: Mystery Gibson...What is this strange instrument?

"Exclusive distributors of Virzi violins, violas, cellos and basses" and then "Made in Italy"

That's a clue...

https://stearnsviolins.com/index.php/product/virzi-tone-violin/

"“Virzi” Tone...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3