Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Has Anyone Used or Tried the StewMac Fretbar Understring Leve

Seems like an update of the old Thomas-Ginex fret leveling kit that has been available for the last 50 years...
  2. Re: Has Anyone Used or Tried the StewMac Fretbar Understring Leve

Joey
    if you don't have a Fret Kisser i highly recommend this:
    https://www.stewmac.com/luthier-tools-and-supplies/tools-by-job/tools-for-fretting/leveling/stewmac-fret-kisser/

i've used mine for...
  3. Re: Has Anyone Used or Tried the StewMac Fretbar Understring Leve

Only a Moderator or Chuck Norris can do that. I took care of it for you.
  4. Re: Has Anyone Used or Tried the StewMac Fretbar Understring Leve

Easiest thing to do is just replace it with something like...

- - - Updated - - -

deleted
  5. Re: Has Anyone Used or Tried the StewMac Fretbar Understring Leve

Cute gizmo, and like Gillette’s great invention, a good way to sell rolls of sandpaper.
    Of course, you have to elevate the strings to get at the lower frets, and at that point, anything flat and...
  6. Re: Has Anyone Used or Tried the StewMac Fretbar Understring Leve

i have one and use it, as Sunburst mentioned above "I imagine that the idea is to use in on problem necks that pull out of shape under string tension so that leveling without string tension does not...
  7. Thread: GD Armstrong

by amowry
    Replies
    Views

Re: GD Armstrong

For those who didn’t know GD, this beautiful little video sums up his character and outlook nicely: https://youtu.be/DGheG_8YrWY
  8. Re: Gorgeous F4 with Virzi at Retrofret in Brooklyn

There are those who think that a Virzi adds to ovals and subtracts from f-holes.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Digital Mixer Advice!

Recent sprung for the ToneMatch 8 from Bose and really like it. We use the preset EQ's and rarely change any settings. Vocals come out the clearest of any PA I have ever used. The fact that it is...
  10. Replies
    Views

For the money I can't really say there's anything I'd call a downside.
    There are a few things I'd like to add to it if I were designing the next generation version;
    Record all 18 tracks straight...
  11. Replies
    Views

To be precise: I'm using the TM 16-channel version which should be no difference.
    No down side here. I love the touchscreen in combination with the big jogwheel, which is what I always use, but...
  12. Re: Best source for pre-slotted ebony mandolin fingerboards

I persuaded LMI to slot guitar boards from both ends, to get 2 mandolin boards from each. You do have to check length, scale and # of frets carefully.
  13. Re: Best source for pre-slotted ebony mandolin fingerboards

I make my own now, but I have used Stew Mac, LMI and Randy Allen.
  14. Re: Best source for pre-slotted ebony mandolin fingerboards

I don't do a lot of this kind of work, so take my advice fwiw. I second Marty on the LMI boards, which I've used a few of. Using one right now to replace the fretboard on a Leland canted top mando. ...
  15. Re: Best source for pre-slotted ebony mandolin fingerboards

I make my own these days, but the ones from Stew-Mac and LMI are both perfectly nice in terms of wood quality and accuracy.
  16. Re: Best source for pre-slotted ebony mandolin fingerboards

I've used stewmac boards for years. Very nice.
  17. Re: Best source for pre-slotted ebony mandolin fingerboards

Joey, Stew-Mac has them readily available.
  18. Re: Looking for 1" x 6" silicone heating blanket for bridge remov

I use several pieces so I can place them over most any bridge, only one of the pieces has the curve cut for a Martin shape bridge. The foil reflects the heat well and the cardboard, which is not much...
  19. Re: Looking for 1" x 6" silicone heating blanket for bridge remov

mine is layered and about the size of the guitar top. Probably doesn't matter since it is covered with with aluminum foil to reflect the heat. You could also make one out of thin board or paneling,...
  20. Re: Looking for 1" x 6" silicone heating blanket for bridge remov

I have one from Watlow that I have had for 20+ years, only used it a few times, like Jeff I just put a 100 watt bulb in my bench light and it heats it just fine. I have one for the fingerboard, but...
  21. Re: Looking for 1" x 6" silicone heating blanket for bridge remov

Buy them direct from Watlow for half the price of all the folks like Blues Creek and LMII and the rest. They just buy them and then double the price at your expense. You can build a nice controller...
  22. Re: Looking for 1" x 6" silicone heating blanket for bridge remov

Seems kinda of pricey if you buy the blanket and the heat controller. I guess it would depend on how many bridges you repair. I always just used a heat lamp, protecting the top of the guitar with a...
  23. Re: Looking for 1" x 6" silicone heating blanket for bridge remov

That's where I was going to send him. Go see John. :)
  24. Re: Looking for 1" x 6" silicone heating blanket for bridge remov

Hi Joey,

There you go:

http://www.bluescreekguitars.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=50&products_id=204
  25. Re: Blueridge BR40T tenor guitar construction question

Been done a long while - here's a photo of another cloth covered brace intersection, this time on a Martin guitar - note the date written on the underside of the top:
Page 1 of 2 1 2