Search:

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: New Mandolin Day Kalamazoo

They appear to be original. They’re old with cream colored buttons.they don’t show any indication that they’ve been switched out.
  2. Replies
    Views

New Mandolin Day Kalamazoo

Found this at my local guitar center this morning. Usually I’m a rock when it comes to this kind of thing, but this time I was weak. It’s my birthday present to me. Besides it makes a great companion...
  3. Replies
    Views

Fender mandolin and amp

Been away for a while. Whilst out I picked up this nifty little amp. It’s a 1959 champ bought mainly for telecaster use. I discovered that the fender mandolin sounds great through it. Plus,...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Prettiest Peghead Inlays Ever

The Schmergel Devastator has hands down the most blindingly beautiful headstock inlay. It’s simply too brilliant to post photos without risk of retinal damage.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Happened Again

Take it where you can get it.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando identification

Clearly it's a Regal.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Hello, new here!

Welcome Fab and you too Bob.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Collings Italian Spruce - any identifier?

No, but when you open the case, you can catch a whiff of Parmesan and oregano.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: My mandolin got eaten by a Stratocaster.

Know what you mean. My telecaster stays tucked away most of the time, but recently after buying a super cheap MIM Duo-Sonic at a pawn shop, the guitar bug has bit again. The tele is out and plugged...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson EM150 value?

Reverb.com has them all over the board, from $1000 to $3000. Your's is a nice looking example. I'd probably invest in a better case if I was going to get it out and about.
  11. Re: Is trying to learn on a Harmony going to be more too frustrat

I've never personally let lack of skill interfere with a mandolin purchase. I just don't need that kind of negativity in my life.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: World's strongest mandolinist?

Welcome Elie.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson Mandocello

I don't believe in taking unfair advantage of others either but you are willing to meet HIS price. If your conscience is troubled, you can tell the seller that the mandocello is worth more than what...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Finish Worn Off by Strap

A lot of times, since the finish is applied after the fingerboard is attached, there is little if any varnish/lacquer in that spot to start with. I don't think it will hurt anything to keep using...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Ronnie McCoury on Eastman?

I see it as just being an advertisement that associates a famous player with their product. What that may or may not infer to the reader is subjective, but it sells mandolins. Ronnie McCoury may well...
  16. Re: Recent visit to Carters, and also to Tyler White’s shop

New mandolin, new guitar, banjo playing wife, you are a lucky man.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Pocked up a Stradolin - here's a video clip

That's a lovely Stradolin. Sounds great too. Good score.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Johnny Pineapple

Hope I look that good at 112.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Johnny Pineapple

There is a Johnny Pineapple (and his Waikiki Wildcats) still performing. Doubtful, but possible that Johnny on the cover of the Hawaiian Holiday LP is the same one still performing with the Wildcats....
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Who goes on Mandolin Mount Rushmore?

Mine would be Monroe, Grisman, Tiny, and Jethro.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Mystery Mandolin Arriving Wed.

Not an A-4. Maybe an A-1. I’d like to see a better shot of the head stock logo. Really cool that you got the mandolin. Congratulations. Oops, there’s the picture now. Do you know if it was ever sent...
  22. Thread: Gold tops

by F-2 Dave
    Replies
    Views

Re: Gold tops

I have an Eastman gold top. It's a 415 so I wasn't expecting a huge sound out of it, but for what it is, I think it sounds surprisingly good. Plus the gold top is cool. Haven't seen the Kentucky.
  23. Re: Someone is going to be upset if they buy this Gibson,

But he does offer free shipping.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: New best friends

It’s my old F-2 and a recently acquired 1957 Gibson L-50. I thought their sunbursts looked nice together.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Flatiron Mandolins - Nashville Area

Hope you like your Flatiron. My '01 Festival sounds as good to me as any F-5G I've heard. They're a great value.
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4