Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: what are the regular folks playing.

If I ever meet regular people, I'll report back to the OP what they play. If I find out how to recognise them, that is.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: what are the regular folks playing.

Well, I have to disagree with your premise. And also with your seemingly hostile tone and poor choice of words. In reality, it's never "just a simple question" to ask how anyone with a fairly...
  3. Re: A mandolin in your hands is better than any not with you

What, no scroll? :grin: I suppose it's got a pickup and is to be used with headphones? Portable and friendly to other hotel dwellers?

It could have been even shorter if the tuners were integrated...
  4. Thread: Thank you

by Br1ck
    Replies
    Views

Thank you

We are all so used to technology working flawlessly, that I for one don't pay much mind to the nuts and bolts of keeping a forum going, not that I'd understand much if I did. I have just become...
  5. Replies
    Views

What Are Some Favorites In Your Collection?

I'm looking to expand my playing a bit, especially across genres. For the most part I play bluegrass or old time and do a lot of it by ear, but I play with sheet music too.

I'm curious what sheet...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill Monroe's toaster on eBay

I’d remove the power supply and heating elements to make it a true acoustic toaster.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Bill Monroe's toaster on eBay

I heard that toast ain't no part of muffin.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: New Pick Day(?)

congrats! I also use a Blue Chip on my Eastman -- they make a great pair! sort of like you and your wife!
  9. Replies
    Views

Thank You

Thanks to each and every one of you.
    You made me laugh.
    You made me smile.
    A couple of times you made me cry.
    You guided me.
    You taught me.
    You made me look at life in a different light. ...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: pick direction practice advice

OK, encouragement first :grin:

You can rest assured that the payoff will be huge over time as you master this ... or any other technique that you make the commitment to mastering! Another thing,...
  11. Replies
    Views

Be thrilled you are only 9 months in. The more cemented doing it the wrong way is, the harder it is to do it the right way.

Part of my practice routine is something I call "Divide the Beat". I...
  12. Replies
    Views

Nine months is not a lot of time. To sound like you have been playing ten years takes about a decade.

There is more distress ahead, as I am finding out. Yes the "rules" given in the link are...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: practice rig

Many examples of this sort of thing already out there. Both acoustic and electric.
    (just do a Google image search on "travel mandolin" you'll see a lot of options)

The last one looks the coolest...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Slide blues mandolin

Hi,
    Here's a bit of slide on octave mando fwiw!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFem7o0BRhM&feature=share&list=PLKFEDZeS7iwt9apKUbM2DoTiDa2z_BkN6

Cheers,
    Marc
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Slide blues mandolin

To build and reiterate on Jim Richter's great advice and playing (BTW Jim I started playing mandolin back in 2008 when I was living in Bloomington, IN... growing up a Hoosier... instead of having...