Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Girouard Griffith Tribute A5

Great playing and a really fine sounding mandolin!
  2. Replies
    Views

Oh, how gorgeous (in looks and sound) are both of those Loar A5 tribute mandolins!

Do they both have a flat fingerboard?
  3. Replies
    Views

The mandolin and your playing on it sounds really exceptional. Curious that there's no logo on the headstock. Any idea on that?
  4. Replies
    Views

Your attachment is showing up as "invalid" and not viewable.
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Café classifieds

I really don't need to get into discussing this further and I'm already on record stating the decision is not going to be an invitation for a public forum on opinions. The banjo community has been...
  6. Replies
    Views

Northfields Galore at Dusty Strings!

Hey y'all... was down in Seattle this past weekend and was amazed to see how many Northfield instruments were available at Dusty Strings. I think about 9 or ten instruments including an octave mando....
  7. Re: Wintergrass 2023 Vintage Instrument Workshop and Museum

Glassweb

The list of vendors and builders should be posted soon - but I understand that this year at Wintergrass, the Builder’s Room will be at the far end of the Evergreen Hallway and these folks...
  8. Re: Wintergrass 2023 Vintage Instrument Workshop and Museum

Hey Mark... how could I find out which luthiers and merchants will have a booth at Wintergrass this year? Many thanks!
  9. Wintergrass 2023 Vintage Instrument Workshop and Museum

The workshop schedules are now posted on the Wintergrass 2023 site (https://wintergrass.com/) and we are once again doing a Fretboard Journal Vintage Instrument workshop session. For those who have...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin shops in Tacoma, WA

Dusty Strings, up in Seattle. Or a day's drive over to Missoula to see Greg Boyd.
  11. Replies
    Views

Joe K Walsh, Darol Anger and Mike Barnett

Thought I'd share this great video. The fiddle playing is wonderful, but what is also striking is how Joe's rhythm playing really drives the tune...and his solo break is fantastic too

12. Replies
    Views

Re: Thank you Scott and Mandolin Cafe

Not enough good things can be said about the Mandolin Cafe. Fantastic - and please always donate when you successfully use the classifieds. The resources here are priceless!
  13. Replies
    Views

Thank you Scott and Mandolin Cafe

I would like to thank Scott T and all those involved in the operation of our favorite website today. The quick news section on the front page allows those of us releasing recording projects to reach...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: New Vessel Loar A5 tribute

Go ahead. But first you’d have to be willing to sell your F models for $485. That’s about the same ratio one pays for one of mine compared to a Loar. A $485 Vessel copy would likely increase my sales...
  15. Replies
    Views

New Vessel Loar A5 tribute

Here is my latest. Not an exact Griffith copy, as I have not seen the original. But more of a concept instrument of the possible existence of a second Loar signed A5.
    Pic guard by Darryl Wolfe,...
  16. Replies
    Views

Little Rock Getaway - Dave Peters

Melody and solo from his album Art in America.

6XTJMC04KCE

17. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy 75th Birthday Today, David Grisman!

First he and Tony's EMD blew my head off, then he showed me the way to Barstow while Janice was cooking in the background.
    Then we went to France and fiddled with Django's Steph with Opuses spinning...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy 75th Birthday Today, David Grisman!

Thank you all! I'm still trying to get these puppies in tune after nearly 60 years.
    Stay safe and be well!! Mandoln pickers survive!
  19. Replies
    Views

Happy 75th Birthday Today, David Grisman!

Happy birthday to the Dawg, born this date 1945 in Hackensack, New Jersey. Still making beautiful and meaningful sounds after changing the face of acoustic music forever!

Above: David...
  20. Re: Anyone have experiencee with a zipper repair kit?

I've had similar problems with an Eastman case, and with other zippers that came from China. I think that Chinese zipper technology lags behind that country's achievements in other areas (such as...
  21. Replies
    Views

Canada jam suite at Wintergrass

The Western Canada Bluegrass Association is hosting a hospitality/jam suite at Wintergrass. Stop by Room 351 to say hello and jam. We play everything in the Key of 'Eh' :)
  22. Jazz mandolin/violin duet from Aaron Weinstein

When the band doesn't show for rehearsal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy4EKhHgqiM
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Vulfpeck - Thile appearance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1nYe6vP7pY
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Double Stop Fiddle Shop Lost to Fire

Hang on to your hats for this bit of news. What I'm told is Byron and his crew are going to post and confirm this on the web as well, where I don't know but I'd guess on Facebook:

Byron's Loar was...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Dawg's J3 with blonde bridge.

The "blonde" bridge was a gift from Corrado when Tracy and I visited him for several days a few years back. It is made of a rare species called Ligurian Bosso (Buxus sempervirens) and had some great...
Page 1 of 2 1 2