Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Boozy impulse purchase

I had been considering an electric mandolin, but not super seriously. I had bookmarked a Mandocaster on Reverb just to keep an eye out. Saturday night, after sitting out with my wife and drinking...
  2. exceptional duo: Tashina Clarridge & Jefferson Hamer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLw5IuukUnE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdNXnf1g7OE
  3. check out how young these guys were, Grisman and Marshall

amazing musicianship, really cool around 4:00

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAZ7f2uy3ZY
  4. Replies
    Views

Collings Polish Job

So I was off work today for a doctor's appointment and had the rest of the day to kill. I recently acquired a Collings MT through a trade with a Cafe member. I've had other satin finish mandos...
  5. Replies
    Views

And Mr. Sullivan likes his maple

Check out Mr.Sullivan
  6. Replies
    Views

Merry Christmas, Merry Mandolinists!

I am shocked - shocked - to learn there is no Merry Christmas thread this year. :disbelief: Yes, there is one in "Classical, Italian, Medieval, Renaissance," and another in "Tenor Guitars," but I...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: i have an issue.................

Pray for me Brotha as I'm a just a barely holdin' on!...LOL!
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: i have an issue.................

Yes you need to be a two mandolin guy for a while, at least until you get the third.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Why no Italian genre?

Classical, Italian, Medieval, Renaissance it is. Done.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandola vs. Mandolin

It's OK Adam, nobody cries when they cut up a viola <--Punchline to another viola joke.
  11. Re: Itzhak Pealman And John Denver Playing Bluegrass

The beauty of the Internet!

So what have we learned from one inocuos photo that Mr. Perlman shared on Facebook:

That John Denver played the mandolin, and that he had a mild case of MAS having...
  12. somebody please buy this, remove the temptation

http://www.mandolincafe.com/ads/91872#91872

NFI here folks, I do not know the seller.
    What I do know is I've stared at this mandolin since yesterday. The man has a soundclip to send, and it...
  13. Re: Breedlove production moving to China -- Will Weber be next?

Hey fellow mandolin warriors. To put fears to rest. There are no intensions of ever moving any part of Weber to China. We will remain a domestically built family of instruments.
  14. Replies
    Views

So I bought a cafe

A couple of months ago a small local cafe that the Mrs and I liked to frequent came up for sale. After long consideration, we decided to take the plunge. The Route 32 Cafe is located on MO 32 in the...
  15. Re: What does YOUR mandolin look like on the inside.

If I ever get my camera back out I'll see what pics I took...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Col. Sanders ad, a little creepy?

This has been making the rounds ...

Our teacher asked us what our favorite animal was, and I said, "Fried chicken." She said I wasn't funny, but she couldn't have been right, because everyone else...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin the gateway drug

Today the wife and I found ourselves at a dealership buying her that long promised new car.

As we were discussing price I was actually thinking "about as much as a new Gilchrist F5"

I was...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: California Mandola Luthier?

I can tell you that when it comes to building mandolins, mandolins or mandocellos, Steve is second to none!! I own 4 Sorensen built instruments and can't imagine not playing his works of art!! He's a...
  19. Replies
    Views

Hello -

I MUST put in my two cents into this conversation.

I recently received my Sorensen Sprite Mandola, custom built for me by Steve Sorensen in Santa Clarita, CA. I have owned a Sprite...
  20. Replies
    Views

Adam,

Here's my short list:

Gary Vessel, Steve Sorensen, Craig Wilson....btw Craig has a couple of mandolas just finished and waiting for a home...NFI
  21. Replies
    Views

While not California, I can recommend two luthiers from neighboring states. I have a mandola from Bill Bussman in New Mexico. I am almost sure he would make you an outstanding walnut mandola. I...
  22. Replies
    Views

Go to one of Roger Siminoff's classes in Atascadero and build it yourself!
  23. Replies
    Views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb_YNZn_kaQ
  24. Replies
    Views

Claro Walnut back and sides and California Redwood top describe my favorite mandola that I have. It's my go-to instrument, and to tell the truth, nothing else gets played very much anymore. It's a...
  25. Replies
    Views

interesting ... this is the first time I've read that redwood is "fragile" ... I've read that it should sometimes be finished somewhat thicker, but not that it's fragile.

I'd read what LMI has to...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4