Search:

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday Mike Compton!!

Happy birthday, Mike. The secret of your youth has been revealed. ;) See you at Monroe Camp.
  2. Billy Strings and Christopher Henry - Midnight on the Stormy Deep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_aqhiV2V8w
  3. Re: RECOVERED: Stolen Gibson F-4 Mandolin Serial #66824

Thanks everyone for the support and kind words, I really appreciate it. Here is an update
    I got home on Wednesday and wanted to let the mandolin acclimate before I tuned it up and played it. I did...
  4. Re: RECOVERED: Stolen Gibson F-4 Mandolin Serial #66824

Just a reminder that it's a good idea to put a piece of paper in the case with your & and the receiver's name, address, and phone # (along with the name & serial # of the mandolin) when you are...
  5. Re: RECOVERED: Stolen Gibson F-4 Mandolin Serial #66824

Wow, Alan, what a story! So happy for you! Enjoy that F4.
  6. RECOVERED Re: Stolen Gibson F-4 Mandolin Serial #66824

My lost 1922 Gibson F4 mandolin has been found, here is the story…

Last week I received an email correspondence, through my website, from a operations supervisor of a retailers distribution...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Is anyone else scared of Bill Monroe?

Hard to tell what is real these days. I am FAR more afraid of AI than Bill Monroe!
  8. Replies
    Views

Bill Monroe - Porter Wagoner Show, 1968

I watched this great example of "The Man" at work, and could not find it posted before. I don't think Bill ever suffered stage fright. What a performer!:mandosmiley:...
  9. Replies
    Views

Eastman factory video by Dolphin Guitars

I don't know if this has been posted before, (it is seven years old) but it gives a good look at what goes on in the Eastman workshop at that time. I was taken how quickly the tone bars are shaped at...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

I've heard and played Bear Dance as well, very popular tune world wide it seems.

Here's "The Sailor Who Deserted" or "An Saighdiúir Tréigthe", a very tragic tale.
    I believe it is from the World...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: a brand new July 9 Gibson

Related video:

https://youtu.be/YlrLJR9Wdnc
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Rest in Peace Bobby Osborne

RIP Bobby. Our mandolin heroes are passing way too quickly these days.

Steve Mead: what a wonderful experience to learn from a master and to just be around a master.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Sad news - Jesse McReynolds passes

Jesse had a style all his own and so mindboggling and innovative and cool sounding. There's no doubt who is playing when you hear him. Another mando giant gone. RIP.
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: MerleFest Mando Mania

Someone posted it on youtube now if you don't do facebutt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5xvk77II8I

m5xvk77II8I
  15. Replies
    Views

MerleFest Mando Mania

Chris Henry posted this on Facebutt. CJ Lewindowski, Mike Compton, Tony Williamson, Sam Bush, Chris Henry, Wyatt Ellis. Mighty fine.

https://www.facebook.com/1241456640/videos/946420773473447/
  16. Replies
    Views

Alan Niederland Memorial Mandolin Give Away

I have decided to give away one of my mandolins in honor of my friend Alan Niederland. Many of us have been touched by his generous nature. Personally, in addition to much music, Alan introduced me...
  17. Replies
    Views

RIP Alan Niederland

Known as AlanN on the cafe (prodigious posting in earlier days). Just saw he passed a couple days ago. Only knew him on-line but he was a generous guy who shared a lot great stuff with me. I know he...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: About the lyrics of "East Virginia Blues"

Something I always thought notable is the use of "East Virginia", which of course is simply the state of Virginia, also referred to as The Old Dominion. But this is used to contrast with West...
  19. Replies
    Views

I meant to add this to the above Post #7 last night, but apparently something went wrong. Here's Clarence Ashley's version of the same song but with another title, "Dark Holler," recorded in 1929,...
  20. Replies
    Views

It's a traditional song, first recorded by the Carter family. This is quite different from saying that they wrote it. They often claimed traditional songs, as did many other commercial musicians, as...
  21. Replies
    Views

The expression "leave them North Carolinians alone" is the correct lyrics to the song however it is not proper grammatically correct English. Proper English would say "leave those North Carolinians...
  22. Replies
    Views

One of the ways that we know a song is "traditional" or "folk", in the older sense, meaning that it has been passed down from person to person, is that it usually exists in different versions, even...
  23. Replies
    Views

Masa, they both mean about the same thing. "Leave old North Carolina alone" refers to the whole state. "Leave them North Carolinians alone" refers to the people of North Carolina. With either lyrics,...
  24. Replies
    Views

Carter Vintage is relocating

Announced in a couple of Nashville online journals back in early February. New location is essentially across the street in a space with more square footage.

Musical instrument retailer to...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky KM1500 Tuning Pegs

If the tuners are genuine Gotoh and the peg posts are square on the end then they will work with the Waverly buttons sold by Stewmac. If the ends have two flats and two oval ends then you will need...
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4