Search:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Tone-Gard Alternative

I'm a fan of the Tone-Gard and have one on both my SA and my Jacobson, but I didn't want to try to invest in one for my recent flat top build because I'm not sure it would have fit right, but I did...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Multiple guitars but just one mandolin

When I was younger, I felt as the OP and accumulated many guitars. But now that I am older and wiser:mandosmiley: I’ve forsaken that pursuit and accepted the true pursuit of happiness is found in...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Types of Mandolin Collections

We do it......because we can.

There is no justification. Especially if you are single.
  4. Replies
    Views

Tennessee Waltz

Hey all!

I nearly broke out in tears watching this video of Sierra last night, everything about it just screams perfection to me..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFoiRc9wjRQ

Every video...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Original song - Long Road

That’s a great song! I really enjoyed your mandolin playing.
  6. Re: Joining the Girouard club - commissioned a build!

Here ye go: A great Tommy Coen reel, called "Christmas Eve", keeping with the season and all:

b_ns0mzfdIc
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Pava and Girouard

+1 for Girouard ovals. I recently received my custom order from Max and Lauri. Here's my 2018 Girouard next to my 1918 A1 Gibson. The Girouard is an incredible instrument.
  8. Extreme Mandolin Nerd Out - An Interview with Adrian Gross

Here is my first episode of Extreme Mandolin Nerd Out - a series focused on deep dive interviews with mandolin pickers who come through my home town. This first episode is with the Slocan Ramblers...
  9. Replies
    Views

S'Alright, Don't Think Twice About It

Two sides to every story; you only get one side with Dylan's Don't Think Twice, It's Alright

w5YHyIErXag
  10. Re: Difference Kentucky KM250 vs KM252 vs KM256

KM-252 & KM-272 are more blonde side of amber than most pumpkin tops.

The current KM-2xx models are really great mandolins. Simply amazing for the price. 10 years ago, you'd have had to spend...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Should I stay tuned up with a missing string?

The tailpiece for a Rogue 100A with ball end guitar string looped around the post.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: REVIEW: Kentucky KM-272

Reviving an older thread by adding a recent audio/video sample. Hope it helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeBMkN5YcC8
  13. Replies
    Views

Pick report: D'Andrea Radex and Ultra Plec

As I posted a little while ago, D'Andrea has restarted manufacturing Ultra Plec which had a bit of cult following. Those are only available in the classic 351 guitar pick shape. I bought a couple...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Should I get rid of my other instruments?

I had to downsize a bit when moving into a smaller apartment a few years back. I had a Rogue metal-bodied resonator that I hadn't played in ages, largely due to mandolin displacing any time I had to...
  15. Replies
    Views

yea!!
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Crowd Funded Co-Op Music Store Idea

As with many conversations here the topic changes to something else, and often great information results!

Seeing what is already happening around the world really gives concrete examples of the...
  17. Replies
    Views

Never get out of the boat.
  18. Replies
    Views

Well so much for my earlier comment about wondering when I'd have the time to play guitar again - this thread ended up being the gateway drug for me to buy a guitar again after about 10 years of not...
  19. Replies
    Views

Most of the community music schools I have encountered do just this. But they are non-profits and survive on grants and generous patronage of supporters.
  20. Replies
    Views

Sounds like these folks -- a really terrific organization.

https://swallowhillmusic.org/
  21. Replies
    Views

I agree with most of the other posters. I played guitar back in the 1960s (didn't most of us alive back then,) and then ended up putting it away for almost 40 years for work/family/other...
  22. Replies
    Views

notwithstanding personal/family finances; no you should not sell your instruments!

I've had instruments go for years unplayed. I've gone through all sorts of various passions in my life. I seem to...
  23. Replies
    Views

That's an angle that has maybe been overlooked. You can forget that if you played an instrument for a long time, other people may still like to hear you play.
    In my case I rarely play guitar on...
  24. Replies
    Views

A bit late - but like others, don't get rid of stuff unless you have a specific reason. The last acoustic guitar I sold off went towards my Breedlove. Now, the Breedlove is getting neglected, but...
  25. Replies
    Views

I'm just trying to downsize!

I recently did the move out of the house in which we lived 25+ years, reared the children, etc. My wife wanted it on the market "by the weekend" ( :popcorn: ) ......
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4