Search:

Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Pick thickness - how to choose?

To misquote a line in a popular novel "the picker doesn't chose the pick - the pick choses you" Your part in the matter is to collect as many as you can of all sizes, thicknesses and points etc and...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Preferred wire cutters?

I have a tool chest full of top quality side cutters of every size but this planet waves cutter works better on strings imo ... and it stores well in the case after you remove the guitar peg winder...
  3. Re: Copying from a PDF to Word - or Editing a PDF

Yes. Then take that to an image editor like Paint.
  4. Re: Copying from a PDF to Word - or Editing a PDF

I used that feature creating manuals when teaching. Export to jpeg and cut and paste edit in Paint - export into powerpoint and create new pdf. Editing pdf's directly thru pro is clunky and limited...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Collings MT vs Pava A

I owned both and they have fine points each. Both are built to fine standards - flawless imo. I had two Pavas and they were a less bright than the Collins but the tone of the Collins was excellent...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: McClung Armrest

Nice! Good to know he's still at it. I gave one of my two away and was having giver's remorse thinking he had stopped making them.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: the Small Dog

Was it the small dog covers that had an insulating property to prevent overheating in sun?
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: A4, A5, F4, F5--what do the numbers mean?

Also A (and F) designation is reserved for arch top/back mandolins?
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: I don't like F styles. Anyone else?

The first time I spent a lot of time playing an F style the points bothered me more than I expected. I assumed it would be handy to have the point help rest the instrument on my leg. I was in...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: the Small Dog

Sounds like a biz opportunity to sell tens of them yearly. I'd buy one or two
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Why Mandolin?

Sounds good with guitar
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: 8 string Uke

Plenty loud for a uke. Really fun to play. The high low courses on the lo end work similar to 12 string guitar. Works well for playing melody because of the volume and tone across all strings. I...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD Pava Pro

Just curious Dan - what's Pava up to now in terms of build number? That 'pro' version sure checks all my boxes. Enjoy :mandosmiley:
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD Pava Pro

Nice!! I like everything about it. Beautiful mandolin. Good choice Dan. Now go wear the frets down
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue chip picks

Yep and I just got email from bluechip offering free shipping and engraving (my phone# on mine in case a honest bloke finds it).
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Dreaming of a Great A5 under $6000

sorry. I said... "never say never" :cool:
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Dreaming of a Great A5 under $6000

I get it. The wanting of a fully appointed next level A5 will keep the MAS flame simmering. Unless you're willing to make a final jump to the top of the heap of Heiden, Gilchrist and the like, an A5...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Describe your MAS progression

$200 new Kentucky Oval via Amazon. Arrived in cardboard box with strings and bridge in baggie
    $400 used Flatiron via ebay. Nice mandolin but high un-adjustable action
    $2200 new satin Pava A via...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: How to approach practicing and improvement?

A simple way around it is to permanently improve the small things you're not good at. One small step at a time.
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Armrest

That angle is comfortable for me.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: New Kelley F5

Mercy! Really sweet on every point. Mandolin awesomeness. Thx for sharing
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Web based backing track tool?

I put up backing tracks on BBT Backing Tracks channel on YT. If you find a mistake or need a track not listed send me the chord chart..
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: NMD #774 Ratliff R-5 (1999)

Congratulations Dan! That's a great looking mandolin. Enjoy :mandosmiley:
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Seeking song suggestions, cool groves

Just spent the week jamming every night and Foggy Mountain Special (about the speed and lope in this video) got the circle swinging and tapping feet every time.
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Not all Collings hold their value

That is a good point.
Page 1 of 32 1 2 3 4