Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Tunes that lend themselves to tremolo

Smoke gets in your eyes…
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Tremolo...Which player...

Who do I want my tremolo to sound like?..it’s a guitar player,who has the greatest tremolo ever…YouTube : “Guthrie Govan 32nd note strumming”…
  3. Re: So what do you do when....it's just not happening for you?

On the days your hot is when you practice the most,and on the days your not,do some noodling and then go fishing…
  4. Re: What’s the nicest mandolin you’ve ever seen?

I remember in the classifieds a few years ago seeing a purple 3,pointer with like a Koa fingerboard..
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Favorite mandolin playing beverage?

In the morning,organic decaf,afternoon,organic decaf..at night organic decaf..
  6. Re: Mandolin Sheet music and breakdown: Old Joe Clark

On YouTube : “Andy and Barney visit the Darling residence”… the best version of “old joesph” you’ll ever hear…
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Monroe Style Mandolin Question

Monroe style playing centers around a few specific techniques,first as mentioned before , is his use of syncnapation like the way he plays the B parts in Salt creek and Kentucky mandolin.he adds that...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: block inlay patterns

201077 if I had to choose a block pattern , I’ve always liked the split block…
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Volume vs Tone

I was playing my Gibson for a friend and he actually asked me : “is that thing electric,?Are you plugged in somewhere?”..
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: To be or not to be (a bluegrass player)

Yes…bluegrass/fusion..lol
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Always use a strap? Even when seated?

As a child I started on a bowlback, so no strap and I always sat down. When I got my first carved A model ,I didn’t have a strap and really didn’t know any better so I played without a strap both...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Reasons to avoid practicing

My neighborhood chipped in and hired me not to …
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Weird Left Hand Discomfort - Help!

196075. Your holding it wrong there buddy,your hand should look slanted like this…
  14. Re: Mandolin Tasting: Gibsons, Buckeye, Duff, Northfiled

Oh yeah I preferred #6 = ‘28 fern…
  15. Re: Tear drop or pear-shaped A style--what's your preference?

Gibson put out both shapes with the A5L..I prefer the earlier A5L shape myself..
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: New (to me) Gibson A5L . To scoop of not....

I've got a '92 A5L with stock fingerboard,if it was scooped I wouldn't have bought it,,I want it all..as for click,I get it once in awhile,but Bigskygirl has it right...
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Do you name your instruments?

I don't think I ever named anything,,the parrot I had I called "bird"..my cat now of 16 years still doesn't have a real name,,she's deaf though so it doesn't really matter,I call her all kinds of...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: How high do you go

194070 range of notes on Calaces 2 preludio...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Tremolo shoulder

When I'm tremoloing,,my hand is barely moving and almost one with my forearm,the movement comes from the forearm as a "tight shaking motion",,fast,,only 1/4th inch up and down barely,,will have you...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Tremolo shoulder

First,this is how I play tremolo : hold your right hand like your gripping a pick and in the position like you play. Extend your index finger out.now wave your wrist up and down like your...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: How to build a solo?

I usually start simple than get complex,play a melody,deviate from it and then return to it.I've read studies that suggest the listeners usually only remember the beginning and end solos,so to make a...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Taking up (a) Mandolin

Even though I was playing well before that,I bought my first Gibson mandolin in 1980,,I still practice several times a day,every day,and find it more exciting now than ever,,,seems like the more i...
  23. Re: Where can a classical/Italian player find a non-bowlback mand

I notice classical players like the Lyon & Healy style A''s alot...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Crosspicking vs "the Other Kind"

But you use a flat pick to do cross picking..
  25. Thread: My New Baby

by T.D.Nydn
    Replies
    Views

Re: My New Baby

I once had a 1917 A4,,awesome mandolin that I wish I didn't sell..
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4