Search:

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Bach Prelude No 1 in C for Mandolin

This seems like a job for a 10 string! I worked this up in about an hour just to see how it would go and I'm pretty happy with it. Playing is a little rough but I didn't have all day to practice. I...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Bach Prelude No 1 in C for Mandolin

Well that was unfortunate timing there expressing my opinion. Bratsche's playing is terrific :)
  3. Replies
    Views

Sierra playing a Goldtone mandocello

Well you may have seen me attempt to play on a Goldtone mandocello, here is the real deal.

nR_VjBJOP4A
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Is there an "easy" versions of claire de lune?

Listen to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f17LvVWqz-4
  5. Oblivion for solo mandola (in G) and accordion

I posted a video a few weeks ago elsewhere in the Cafe of my solo arrangement of Astor Piazzolla’s “Oblivion” which I performed on mandola in G (octave mandolin). My brother-in-law, Raymond...
  6. Replies
    Views

Piccola Gavotta, for the mandola

In the United States, the "mandola" almost always refers to the instrument tuned CGDA, like the viola. In the early twentieth century it was common for American mandolinists to play original solo...
  7. Replies
    Views

Alison Stephens memorial tribute online

Just received from the British BMG Federation Committee:

"Saturday 10th October marks the 10th anniversary of the late, great British mandolin maestra Alison Stephens and you are invited to join...
  8. Re: Unexpected things/benefits about playing mandolin

I've told this story a million times in a million corners of the Internet, so I apologize if I repeat myself.
    I played the viola for 30 years and then had a terrible car accident and hurt my bow...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Cafe versus Craigslist

I dislike telephones. I don't wish to be intruded upon at the whim of strangers.

Email can be dealt with on my own schedule, and it provides a permanent record. Beyond that, complex concepts can...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Cafe versus Craigslist

Certified old guy here. It’s not a generational thing. I prefer text or email until I know someone is serious. I don’t want my phone number in the hands of some anonymous person (at least anymore...
  11. Thread: Mandocello Envy

by Alfons
    Replies
    Views

Re: Mandocello Envy

Thanks for sharing your beautiful instrument, composition and playing with us! I really liked that piece, and the instrument sounds great.
  12. Replies
    Views

Nice instrument! Looks great and I love the sound.
    Ironically, I just happened to listen to the “Meditation” last night. I’ve had a pulled neck muscle For about the last month and a half and haven’t...
  13. Thread: Mandocello Envy

by MrMoe
    Replies
    Views

The planetary tuners and their layout are a very nice touch. We listened to mediation on 5 several more times and found our teeth very relaxed. Thanks again, Maurice
  14. Thread: Mandocello Envy

by CES
    Replies
    Views

Very, very nicely done!
  15. Thread: Mandocello Envy

by MrMoe
    Replies
    Views

Agreed, lovely playing, lovely tone, Reminiscent of some of Rob MacKillop`s pieces. Congratulations
  16. Replies
    Views

The Thing has a lovely sound, very clear. If that's your first composition, I can't wait to hear your fifth or tenth!
  17. Replies
    Views

My thought was "Celtic harp" sounding , very nice piece.
  18. Replies
    Views

Nice meditative piece, and the quiet but steady 5 string motion is beautiful.
  19. Replies
    Views

It looks great and I like the voice a lot! Congratulations.

Jamie
  20. Replies
    Views

Very clever, and I really like the intentional attachment of the tuner, too!
  21. Replies
    Views

It's gorgeous! How does it sound?
  22. Replies
    Views

Let me warn you, as someone who plays a five-course... you will come to a point where you will have to make the conscious choice to curtain your arrangements and chording in order to keep your...
  23. Replies
    Views

That's a beautiful... thing! :) It sounds like you are off on a new adventure; enjoy the journey!
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: How to enhance mando for legato piece

https://youtu.be/wfduZ5yzAEA
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Musical Reincarnation ;-)

Hello, old friend. :) Glad you enjoyed it. If consensus is Elgar, Elgar it is. ;) I do admire his music and its fabled, expansive "Englishness"— whatever that means.

Yes, arrangement is...
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4