Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Kentucky KM-950 tailpiece replacement

Filling it with the same type of wood, would have a small benefit if you were able to get the taper just right. I wouldn't worry too much about using the ebony peg though, especially since it is...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky KM-950 tailpiece replacement

The Allen 'cast' tailpieces are excellent. Usually easy to install - one off / one on, & the ease of stringing is worth the change over. I put one on my very first mandolin,a Michael Kelly,
  3. Replies
    Views

I didn't have to do anything about the endpin fortunately. It seems to me that one of my James has a round hole and the other in elongated.
  4. Re: Kentucky KM-950 tailpiece replacement

The Ashton Baily is not a bad design at all.. the plating on the gold one is not so great, but the nickel, no issues.. They don't even come close to matching the screw pattern though. You will...
  5. Replies
    Views

I swapped out the tailpiece on my KM-1000 to a James and it didn't require redrilling. I love the James for string changes. I also have one on my Collings.
  6. Re: Kentucky KM-950 tailpiece replacement

I have installed the TR-2 and TR1 on Kentucky Master Models. There is usually no problem with the mounting screws. There often is with the endpin. Options are.... Fill and ream a new hole for the...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Kentucky Master Model stock bridges

I have a KM-900 which I've owned for a couple of years now. The factory bridge is of good quality, intonates well, adjusts well and the mandolin is really a very fine instrument. Give the factory...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for best deal in $1k - 1,500ish range

Some of those ones from the classifieds look like great deals, but if you end up looking for a new mandolin, give J Bovier mandolins a look. I totally love mine. They are awesome mandolins for the...