Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: hmmm should i trade my crummy Savannah to this little girl?

I hope it all works out for you, Kev, From what I've seen of you, you're a good guy with good intentions. Music is a beautiful gift and can open up so many doors.
    Best of luck and good on you for...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Just have to brag!

Awesome! Eastmans are nice. I have a 305 myself. Enjoy the beauty :)
    happy playing.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Coping strategies and awareness.

Any way you could post some recordings of that, Pasha? I'd love to see you playing. and if not on the thread, perhaps as a private message?
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Coping strategies and awareness.

Well, string changes aren't that difficult. Next time you are changing your strings, close your eyes and feel everything you are doing. Do a single string like this. The one thing I find difficult is...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Newbie introduction :)

Well, welcome to the mandolin, man. 2 mandolins and you haven't even started playing. That's a record for sure. It took me several months before I realized a new mandolin could help me alot. Happy...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: considering quitting the mandolin

Hey, Kevbuch, firstly, step back a bit and calm down. We've all been at a point where we feel that our music isn't good enough or that playing is useless. I've been there several times myself. I...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: New Mando and Intro

sounds like you scored :D wish I had a nice mandolin like that :P I'm more than happy with my eastman, though, affordible and nice
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: What made you start playing mandolin?

Ah, I love seeing threads like this, stories warm my heart :)
    I played a little guitar in highschool (sophemore and junior year, I believe) but it never truly cliked. I was working on a project with...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Celtic - what should I listen to?

Lots of great advice here. I'll second the advice to get that DVD. She offers lots of good advice on how to play and get a good sound out of the instrument. She also plays through a few tunes and...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: New Years Resolutions?

I'd honestly like to practice mandolin a bit more. keep learning some more irish tunes, spend time with family and girlfriend, meditate and exercise more and get back into archery. Was going to go...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Did Santa Deliver Your Mandolin Wishes?

Congrats on winning the contest:) Play that mando for all the people here (over 5000) who wanted it.
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Did Santa Deliver Your Mandolin Wishes?

I'd say my musical wishes for the holidays were delivered. I've mannaged to get five tunes memorized. It was an irish christmas this year :) A good friend of mine got an analogue synth, kind of...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Holidays!

Happy Holidays, everybody, love this cite and all the crazy people on it. Happy picking :)
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Crosspicking Christmas (in GDAD)

I really like your playing, very nice:) GDAD tuning is fun. I've only used it to try and work on a Tool song.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Crosspicking Christmas (in GDAD)

Can anybody post a link of the OP's playing just plain in the text box you normally type in? for some reason, when people imbed links, my screen reader won't pick up on them.
  16. Replies
    Views

Martial arts/meditation and the mandolin

Hello, all
    I wasn't quite sure where to put this, so, am putting it here:
    I am looking into getting into Aikido, which is a japanese style of martial arts that focuses mainly on redirecting force...
  17. Re: Yikes! NO Side-of-Fingerboard Fret Markers -- a Challenge!!

.... should I even say anything on this thread? :P
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: What are you playing for the holidays?

So, it turns out the lady at Spirit was serious when she asked me to play. I'm going to see if my sister wants to play and if her violin would be welcome and we'll play some christmas tunes together...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Got an MD-815V

Enjoy the new mandolin, man :)
  20. Re: Genres of music having a historical connection and significan

... you put it so beautifully, and I agree with everything you said above. Many good points.
    Thank you for such a beautiful and poetic response
  21. Re: Genres of music having a historical connection and significan

--that little tid-bit about the band roaming the plains was particularly amusing.
    I was looking for anything and everything pertaining to history and music that people were willing to contriibute....
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastman Mandolin Review

Honestly, after getting my MD305, I really love it. The tone is good (I have a soundcloud link over in the "song and tune projects thread of something I am working on) and it's great having a...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Advice on improving tremelo?

As with lots of things, start off slow. Then gradually pick up speed. Trust me on this. Going through to learn tunes slowly, then speeding up is nice.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Who is the ASCAP ?

Is it just me, or does taking something like "Happy Birthday" (was it a song before then? probably) and copyrighting it just seems like theft in the first place. putting it in the iron claws of the...
  25. Re: Mandolin not permitted taught in Italy in middle school

That's really sad that kids aren't allowed to learn the mandolin. Just because an instrument is used in a genre doesn't mean it's stuck to that particular genre. On the other hand, maybe price is an...
Page 1 of 2 1 2