Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Neapolitan Serenades

I wish I was in LA. I am a very immature old man and I have been playing that music for quite a few decades and, might I add, very immaturely. Sorry... :)
  2. Replies
    Views

Neapolitan Serenades

Looking for a mandolin player in the greater Los Angeles area for occasional immature performance. Have a small group of vocalists " La Famiglia" performing Neapolitan Serenades "Canzone Napolitane"...
  3. Replies
    Views

Russian Lullaby (Irving Berlin)

Irving Berlin (1927): "Russian Lullaby"

This is one of the few tunes by Irving Berlin that references his ethnic roots in Eastern Europe. A huge success on its original publication, it has since...
  4. Replies
    Views

Adventures in Clip-On Mics

Hi everyone!

I auditioned last night for the job of mandolinist with a band and I thought I'd share my brief journey with clip-on mics in the hope that it might prove helpful for others.

This...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Fingerboard Diagram

mandolin fretboard - no notes - done in powerpoint I think
    My way of learning scales and chords. Try starting on any root note, labeling it's major scale, then circle the 1, 3, and 5 notes to make...
  6. Siciliana by Pergolesi with notation and tabs

Some months ago, I posted this nice Siciliana composed by Pergolesi. Now I have Musescore and I created a standard notation file and a tablature file.
    This piece is really not that hard to play, so...
  7. East of the Sun and West of the Moon

Our February podcast was all about stories of heights - the first Ferris Wheel, the first world-renowned funambulist (the Great Blondin, of course), and more.

One of my groups, The Tamerlane Trio,...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Chart For Tab Numbers and Musical Notes

While reading older threads on a different topic, I came across this image offered by member Wayne Bagley in 2011:

9. Replies
    Views

No problem; if you do go about converting notation to tablature by hand using that, remember to take note of sharps/flats in the key signature and in the score itself. You can probably learn a great...
  10. Replies
    Views

Thank you very much Mark, that is the one.
  11. Replies
    Views

Funny but the same question was asked earlier this week right here: http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/showthread.php?128148-Chart-for-notation-to-TAB

There are several more detailed things in that...
  12. Replies
    Views

Santa Lucia, mandolin quartet (with score)

This arrangement of Santa Lucia as a mandolin quartet (two mandolins, mandola, guitar) is from the repertoire folder of our group, most likely by the late Tony Judge.

I attach the parts to this...
  13. Replies
    Views

Serenade (F. Schubert)

Franz Schubert (1797-1828): Serenade ("Ständchen")
    Arranged by Jim Hulley

This is an arrangement of Schubert's Serenade for fretted instrument quartet, taken...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: From Russia with Love

that's quite lovely, enjoy it!
  15. Replies
    Views

From Russia with Love

Here are some photos of my new prima domra, made by a luthier in Russia. I'm using it in the Russian orchestra I play with. Pretty psyched about it! bb

16. Replies
    Views

Re: A Neapolitan one

Those Snark tuners are getting a bit ornate lately.
  17. Replies
    Views

A Neapolitan one

A gift from my wife. I haven't known its specifications but I'm totally pleased with it sound. This is a custom-made Neapolitan one without label. I still don't have enough tools for a fine recording...
  18. Umberto's Mandolin (Ceccherini, double top, restored)

Just finished this one off, I rather like it, better than your average Italian bowl:

Has the usual Ceccherini double top - in this case the second top extends from the sound...
  19. Napoli music Playing with my sister Linda Calsolaro

Dear Friends

I would like to share with you this video - I'm playing with my sister (Linda Calsolaro, professional classic Guitarist) - two old traditional Napoli's music
    Hope you enjoy it.......
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Speranze Perdute

You're right about that Mick! I can never remember my password when I try to log in!
    so I decidedthe mandolin group at Trieste came up to play in my hometown, Petaluma. We played Speranze Perdute...
  21. Thread: Speranze Perdute

by Tavy
    Replies
    Views

Scotts just enabled posting of MIDI files, so for those that just want to listen... here's the midi as well...
  22. Replies
    Views

Those are not double flats, they're "courtesy flats" to make it a bit easier for the performer to read.