Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Strap peg keeps popping out

To Philphool…..Exactly what I do to eliminate the problem if the end pin from comes out or just the strap slipping off the pin.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Are you a mandolin picker?

When I send out my group text for the weekly jam circle at my house, I usually ask if anyone is around for "Pickin at Paul's" tonight. I like the sound of it! That being said, I am applying that term...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: If I Could Only Listen To One Player.

Second John Reischman.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: $199.00 solid F style mandolin

Thanks, Don. Good information to know. Not that I need another mandolin, but just buying it for the price and hearing what it sounds like would be fun. Geez, did I just say I didn't need another...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Collins? Weber? Other recommendation?

Hey, come on. Both my Bend, Oregon Webers are keepers! Great Tone and Volume, just like the Montana Webers! Just sayin'. ;)
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: One mando kind of picker...

Although I have three, as you can see in my signature, I always grab my Yellowstone. I am however, taking my Special Edition to our jam circle tonight. Only because they wanted to hear the difference...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: No Band Rehearsal?

I'm not sure it wouldn't pertain to any group of musicians, bluegrass or otherwise. I have a friend who is a touring musician with his bandmates. Some of them live in different towns as well as...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Toneguard..WOW!

I have to remove mine but only because my mandolin will not fit in the case with it on. Otherwise I would leave it on if it did fit.
  9. Re: Mandolin for complete beginners "Bluegrass music" :)

All of the sites mentioned are great tools and I use several myself (everyday). I started playing roughly 2.5 years ago and found sites on my own and also had people recommend various sites since I...
  10. Thread: Music Camps

by Paul Hird
    Replies
    Views

Re: Music Camps

I would guess the springtime camps are a "prep" for those folks that attend the spring and summertime festivals? Don't know too much about winter festivals though.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Today While Mandolinin

Today while mandolinin..... I got the urge to shovel the snow from around the backyard fire ring, so I can start having some fires regardless of the snow being 3-4 feet deep everywhere else in the...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Sheet Music on a Tablet

All of you that have mentioned Mobilesheets, are you referring to the free edition or the pro edition?
  13. Thread: Peace!

by Paul Hird
    Replies
    Views

Peace!

Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays everyone!
  14. Re: Itzhak Pealman And John Denver Playing Bluegrass

Hear, Hear DataNick!
  15. Re: Are Grover 309's a good tuner upgrade for the Eastman MD-605?

Grovers on both my Weber mandolins. Flawless and smooth, work great. No complaints.
  16. Re: Looking for Reliant DD39C 6" jointer manual & parts source

I have downloaded various manuals over the years some free, some paid for by just googling the desired manual.
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Changing strings

Braid Laird has a very good tutorial. Just google changing mandolin strings by Braid Laird.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: bluegrass/old time murder ballads

Out of all those you listed, Doc Watsons "Omie Wise" is my favorite.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: After a year...

I'm with you Melissa. I've been playing about 14 months, taking a one hour lesson per week and playing every day anywhere from 1 to 2 hours, sometimes more. I don't think any of us believe we are...
  20. Replies
    Views

First jam session and....

Been playing about nine months now and attended my first formal, invited to, jam session yesterday. What I came away with was I definitely want more! I played with people I knew and did not know. But...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Spring is here

Although I still have about three feet of snow in my yard, the temperatures are telling me that spring in sight! I am ready for dry ground, sun and my contiuing learning process on my mandolin of...
  22. Re: Lessons? i cant decide if i should take them...

Kev,
    I began taking lessons six months ago and can tell you, at least for me they are the way to go. There is nothing better than face to face communication where I can ask questions and see things...
  23. Thread: Tablatures

by Paul Hird
    Replies
    Views

Re: Tablatures

I have been fairly successful just googling what I am looking for. That way I have several options to choose from until I find what I like, but I do have a difficult time finding tablature for more...
  24. Re: Kentucky 855 Fit and Finish - Should I return it?

Regardless of anyone's advice, good or bad, it still boils down to whether you are unhappy with the product. If you are going to question your decision to keep it every time you pick up the mandolin...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Stupid Mistakes

Less than 24 hours after picking up a new mandolin, I was walking my music stand into another room for the morning sun. My mandolin was around my neck and I had no hands on it. Without warning, the...
Page 1 of 2 1 2