Search:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Frank Solivan and ToneSlabs picks

I just picked up a 1.4 Tweener. Gobsmacked! I actually think it’s every bit as grippy as a Blue Chip. Tone is indeed a bit brighter. My new favorite pick.

Tom
  2. Replies
    Views

I'm working on a pick review of the Tone Slabs and a new pick from Italy called Techpicks. It'd run by a couple PhD materials scientists who want to build a better flatpick. The TS picks are...
  3. Replies
    Views

I received a TS Tri (big triangle) 1.4mm about two weeks ago. So far I have really liked the pick. It is slightly larger in size than my Bluechip CT 55. Tone seems to be brighter than Bluechip or...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Mods to Hoffee case?

Jeff Hoffee just did a refit of a guitar case for me. Refit and return shipping was $250. Can't beat the cases or the service. All of my ten thumbs up for Jeff and his crew.
  5. Replies
    Views

Hoffee will modify it for a modest cost if you pay shipping both ways or are close enough to take it there
  6. Replies
    Views

Your best bet may be to get a custom Hoffee case and sell your standard one. I had a custom case made for my Arrow Jazzbo, to about 6 weeks but it fits perfectly.
  7. Re: Hoffee Case options - recommendations from owners

Mine came with the backpack strap D-rings option and I installed an additional ring myself.

Now I can carry the case straight upright on my back with one strap worn diagonally or just over one...
  8. Re: Hoffee Case options - recommendations from owners

brad, it's sure convenient to have the 3 rings installed for the backpack straps even if you don't use them all the time. I have them on my Accord & Calton guitar cases and at times they're just the...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Microphone for recording at home?

I'd also suggest a USB mic to keep things simple.

Here's a good one in your price range:
  10. Re: Excessive ringing on D-strings after fretting, like a pull-of

Weird. My best guess would be something is going on with the grooves of the bridge or the nut, like maybe the string is catching on and pinging off a tiny shelf or double groove causing the extra...
  11. Re: Excessive ringing on D-strings after fretting, like a pull-of

Sometimes when you play notes on the D string, the G string will resonate in sympathy, might be worth checking.

If you want the note to choke off when you take off your finger, then you need to...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Prettiest Peghead Inlays Ever

M Great Blue Heron custom Club Jazz headstock inlay, by Mr. Apitius. (art provided by me…:)
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: What’s your travel case?

Almost any mandolin case will fit in an overhead compartment. I have been traveling constantly this past year and always have a mandolin with me. Lately I've been using a Hoffee - it is slightly...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Neotech Strap

I use their case strasps on almost everything: instruments and laptop case.
  15. Thread: Neotech Strap

by mee
    Replies
    Views

Re: Neotech Strap

I used one for a while but seemed like too much strap for a mandolin. I prefer a thin round braided one that will stay on in the case and more comfortable in my opinion. However, they are greatly...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Going Electric - what do I need to know?

D'Addario do a nickel wound set, and their FW74 chrome flatwounds are nice for electrics too.
  17. Replies
    Views

The electric pickups require a string that will create current when it passes through the magentic field created by the pickup. Bronze will generate a signal, but it will be lower and unbalanced...
  18. Replies
    Views

Welcome on the electric side ;-)
    Yes, the switch should indeed be a pickup selector.
    I would look out for a small tube amp, maybe also one from Thomann? Or check out ebay. Sometimes a Fender...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Hoffee Vs. Austin Calton

Here are few shots of the three cases I have. A Price fiberglass, Hoffee Carbon Fiber and Austin Calton Fiberglas. Surprisingly, the Calton is not that much smaller than the others, just more shaped...
  20. Replies
    Views

Yes, no doubt about it, the Travelite case does have a number of genuine virtues, but I think you are overstating the situation rather badly when you boldly claim that it is "possibly the most...
  21. Replies
    Views

The Hoffee has more storage for sure, but I wouldn't say it's a "lot"of storage. The Hoffee's compartment is roughly 8" x 4" x 1.75". The Calton pocket is about 6" x 3" x 1". The big question is ......
  22. Replies
    Views

I have an almost new, about a month old Calton. My buddy has a Hoffee. They are both top quality as far as protection.
    The only difference is that the Hoffee clearcoat scratches very easy and shows....
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Foggy mountain breakdown in G

http://www.bluegrasscollege.org/fakebook/pdf/FoggyMntBreakdownMandolin.pdf

http://www.bluegrasscollege.org/

Thanks to these guys.

This of course is just one possible setting.

I'm looking...
  24. Replies
    Views

Foggy mountain breakdown in G

Looking for tab for Foggy Mountain Break Down in G using the three finger g chord shape to start . Any help would be appreciated !
  25. Re: Tomastik Strings on a Loar F5 Grade Instrument?

I have a friend who uses Thomastiks on his Prucha, a good-quality F-5. I haven't heard the instrument with D'addario's, so I don't know if it natually sounds like an old Gibson, but it sounds amazing...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4