Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Weber Mandolins?

by rcc56
    Replies
    Views

Re: Weber Mandolins?

Your information is correct.

There was an article posted on May 22, 2021 containing a statement from Weber's parent company, Two Old Hippies. They have indeed discontinued mandolin production and...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Is this a "crap" shoot?

Indeed its worth paying more to have one come in already set up sweet.
  3. Replies
    Views

Yep those big box stores in my experience nothing comes set-up! My friend a bit over a year ago bought a newer Strat from a Guitar Center and it came to him unplayable, He couldn't figure it out so I...
  4. Replies
    Views

No crap shoot at all. It's a sure thing to need a setup, and not from a big box guitar tech. That mandolin might be worth a level and crown as well.
  5. Replies
    Views

Here is just an idea: Why not call The Mandolin Store and ask Dennis if he can match that. Maybe he cant and I'd understand but doesn't hurt to ask.
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: General Mandolin Post

A couple of things are going on. The first is that like many of us, you're an old fart and like many of us, when you got into music we didn't have internet. So when the guitar and banjo wonks got...
  7. Replies
    Views

Truth.
  8. Replies
    Views

If we didn't discuss the minutiae what would we say to each other? :)

Take all this advice with a grain of salt and use according to your situation.

For example, I have NEVER humidified my...
  9. Replies
    Views

Learning to setup your instrument means you are your own doctor. You can be fussier and correct things sooner and have a consistently good playing instrument. I am fortunate to be my own doctor,...
  10. Replies
    Views

I play all my instruments until i realize that there are things that bother me about them which may includes, buzzing or oddball sounds or structural problems like cracks that may foretell even more...
  11. Replies
    Views

I have a distinct feeling, John, that your autocorrect is invading your post above:
    "people will always get beat case I d empty how to make it perfect advice" ?
    "no know future Seuss with they way...
  12. Replies
    Views

2TonCommon, like others, thank you for your comments.
    It strikes me that we often spend more time worrying over chips, scratches, dings, the expenses of our instruments, how many we own, when we...
  13. Replies
    Views

Personally one will never have a "perfect" instrument if you play it! That's the truth as I see it, they get flaws, need adjusted, set-ups etc...I wouldn't want something perfect and pretty if I...
  14. Replies
    Views

Yes, maybe a Schmergel 1800 is the pinicle, but that would logically leave the 2500 to be considered the pinnacle right? ;):)
  15. Replies
    Views

Hey, the OP wanted opinions and got them. Nothing to apologize for.

Now you could have derided those stupid individuals who went out and bought the new Schmergel 3000, when not six months ago the...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: What does OP mean?

OP is original post (#1) in a thread. Some people will use OP when referring to the individual that started a thread.
  17. Replies
    Views

ha! i just went back .. IIRC is "if i remember correctly."
  18. Replies
    Views

TLDR; (too long, didn't read) :-)

IIRC - I have no idea but I'm going to try to sound authoritative and/or have googled some stuff
  19. Replies
    Views

There are a few internet-common things and some specific to this site. to the best of my recollection, YMMV is "your mileage may vary." "ICYMI" is "in case you missed it." OP, as has been mentioned,...
  20. Replies
    Views

The precision should apply only where it makes a difference to you in feel or sound. For people not used to working in thousandths of an inch it sounds like nitpicking. A human hair or a piece of...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Removing the Florida extension

One person's "rude" is another person's reasonable and obvious query.
    "Blunt" perhaps, but nothing personal as my observation, and further response, indicated factual, general information.

Just...
  22. Replies
    Views

All string instruments are imperfect by their very design and the laws of acoustics. And sounding "good" is entirely subjective. Certainly with mandolins perhaps more than other instruments, set-up...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: General Mandolin Post - Re-dux and apologies

I was biting my lip. Thanks for seeing the other ways your post could be interpreted.
  24. Replies
    Views

ops
  25. Replies
    Views

Threads are not glued, they are wound.

http://www.frets.com/FretsPages/Musician/Strings/Strings/StringsViews/pbronze.jpg
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4