Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Phoenix mandolins closing shop?

It is my understanding that Phoenix was not the big company suggested in an earlier thread, but Rolfe's basically one-to-two person operation which, as Mary suggests above, was turned over to Jenny...
  2. Thread: Incoming

by LKN2MYIS
    Replies
    Views

Re: Incoming

Thank, all! I'm certainly looking forward to it.

It will be joining my Phoenix Neoclassical and my Weber Bighorn.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Applause for the Phoenix Neoclassical

Amen, Brother! I have had mine for a few years now and still have trouble putting it down. It really has cured my general MAS (now I have only highly specific variants of the malady). This really...
  4. Replies
    Views

Applause for the Phoenix Neoclassical

I am the owner of a new (used) Phoenix Neoclassical made by Jenny Warner of Phoenix Mandolins. For those of you who are shopping and may be thinking about Phoenix Mandolins I would like to report my...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Article: Schertler GIULIA Amp Giveaway

I have finally been able to give it a try and I am happy to report that it sounds great! I had to purchase a mic or pickup to try it out and after some deliberation, I purchased a Schertler Basik. ...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Article: Schertler GIULIA Amp Giveaway

Bob sent over a couple of photos of the amp he won. Those are his stickers on them, we didn't place them there!

7. Re: Can this be strung with Daddario exp74cm's?

I was in Boston a short while back and played this mandolin and several others on a visit to TME. The Phoenix was the most unique experience from this player's perspective. My impression was that the...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Can this be strung with Daddario exp74cm's?

Wow that is a gorgeous mandolin! I would stick with the recommended strings and learn to play Jazz!
  9. Re: Can this be strung with Daddario exp74cm's?

I don't know about the strings but, oh my sweet Lord, what a beautiful mandolin...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolins most responsive to a light touch?

The Phoenix Neoclassical. Super-responsive, resonant, and excellent sustain.
  11. Replies
    Views

Phoenix Mandolin if money is not a worry. I see Bob has already steered you that way and for good reason. Lp
  12. Replies
    Views

Check out the Phoenix Neoclassical. It is built very lightly and made specifically for light strings (Thomastik Mittles). It has exquisite tone and responds to a very light touch. I agree with...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Recommendation for a Jazz Mandolin

Barry,

Thanks for for posting this information on the Phoenix Jazz. After reading this post today I'm going to given them a call and speak with about their Jazz model.

Thank again,
    Darwin
  14. Replies
    Views

Thanks Bob, for the information on the Phoenix Jazz mandolin. Because sustain and fingerboard playability are very important in playing jazz. Plus the two-point body style of the Phoenix is very...
  15. Replies
    Views

Hi MT2,
    I posted this a couple of years ago. I have no financial interest.
    I hope it gives you at least some useful information.
    Best, Barry...
  16. Replies
    Views

Hi MT2,

My Phoenix is a Neoclassical, which I'd be happy to tell you about, but I am sure someone will weigh in on the Jazz. Also, have a look on Jazzmando.com. Here's a link to a review they...
  17. Replies
    Views

Why not talk to Jenny up at Phoenix mandolins. Their Jazz model is really nice.
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: 2018 Winter NAMM Show

Jenny from Phoenix mandolins.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: A new Phoenix in the land of the Snakeheads

Congratulations on the Phoenix. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy my Neoclassical. These sure are great instruments!
  20. Replies
    Views

A new Phoenix in the land of the Snakeheads

My new (to me) 2017 Phoenix Bluegrass arrived today! I've been searching for the last month or so for something to compliment my trusty '23 Snakehead. Wanted something more on the Bluegrass side of...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: What's the best mandolin?

For me, it is my Phoenix Neoclassical. I have had a few mandolins on my way to this one and have played a bunch of others. I love this Phoenix. While I may buy additional mandolins in the future...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: A Pickup that Works for Me

Ugh, I would never strap/putty/tape all that stuff to my mandolin no matter how good the pickup sounds. So many invisible options on the market that sound great. If you want a floating magnetic...
  23. Some recordings from my new Phoenix Neoclassical

Hey folks,

I've uploaded a couple of recordings of my new Phoenix Neoclassical.

Here Comes the Sun (Tim Connell's arrangement, I recommend checking him out for lessons):...
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: A visit to the Music Emporium

Nice review! Thanks for the videos and description. That Phoenix Bluegrass model seems like a beast.
  25. Replies
    Views

A visit to the Music Emporium

I visit the Music Emporium a lot. I live about 20 minutes away, and I've come to the conclusion that they are the best shop for mandolins in the northeast now that the Mandolin Brothers is out of the...
Page 1 of 2 1 2