Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Which hard case will fit an Eastman 515 with Tone Guard?

TKL Zero Gravity (which is semi-hard + backpackable) and Heirloom both work with tone guards! the Zero Gravity is cheaper but still has really good protection (it's light so if you drop it theres...
  2. Re: Which hard case will fit an Eastman 515 with Tone Guard?

TKL fitted rectangular case fit mine when I had one.
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Piezo pickup - contact noise

Not personally, but I have encountered them... I think they sound frankly nasty. Harsh. Unpleasant. Quacky, though to be fair, the Fishman M200 bridge pickup is even worse. You still get bumps and...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: I Had A Brush With Greatness

Here are a few:

My "moment of glory" was being told, back in about 1982, that I was not very good by Richard Thompson. At the University I was studying at, the Folk Dance (yes, that's...
  5. Thread: Oh Brother . . .

by Tobin
    Replies
    Views

Re: Oh Brother . . .

Interesting. This is my first exposure to folks who didn't find the movie entertaining and humorous. To me, the great music was just icing on the cake. But the story was intended to parallel the...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Pete Seeger

Perhaps, Laird, somewhere on the internet is another type of musical 'cafe' where the folks gather to heap praise on those singers who write and perform songs that celebrate racism, or sing happily...
  7. Replies
    Views

That pretty much sums up how I feel about it. I share little if any common ground (politically) with this man, the dear departed subject of this thread. Although I might be his polar opposite, I do...
  8. Replies
    Views

Pete was and always will be an angel for peace...
  9. Thread: RIP Pete Seeger

by Petrus
    Replies
    Views

No need to try to be nice about anything, thanks. If I gave the impression that I don't respect or appreciate Mr. Seeger's contribution to American music, then I f failed to communicate properly and...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Value of Ricky Skaggs Signed Mandolin

Posthumous profile.

Was quite surprised to see this level of hyperactivity in what should have been a fairly run-of-the-mill thread. Perhaps cabin fever is setting in, as the 0º weather keeps us...
  11. Replies
    Views

True! No one has to share all of them. But...
    Some people are generous enough to take the time to offer them when asked.
  12. Replies
    Views

I've just got back with the cake and cookies. How is everyone getting along?
  13. Replies
    Views

In the bluegrass world getting people to sign instruments will do next to nothing to increase their value. 99% of the time you reduce the market for that instrument if you decide to sell it. Now if...
  14. Replies
    Views

If you are going to take everything this personally that might be the best thing for you. Or you could just get over it and move on the the next thread.
  15. Replies
    Views

It's a joke. I am of course a huge Skaggs fan, and own many of his albums.

I'm going to start my own Internet, where everybody gets it.
  16. Replies
    Views

I'd say a little less than if he hadn't defaced it, but that's just me; it is the market that decides value.
  17. Re: Is there a place for percussion talent in BG-inspired music?

Laird, that’s Andy Goessling who, as mtm mentioned, is adept at playing many instruments.... sometimes more than one at a time even! I’ve seen him play clarinet and sax simultaneously on a few...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Suits in Bluegrass

Personally, I've learned never to trust someone wearing a suit. With respect to musicians, I don't care what they're playing or what they wear, its the music I'm interested in.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Suits in Bluegrass

But as AlanN points out, it's not so much the suits, as what the suits say:

"We're on our way to the wedding of someone we hate"

"Some of our jackets are still at the dry cleaners"...
  20. Re: Is there a place for percussion talent in BG-inspired music?

BTW, there is a difference between percussion and drums. When modern composer Lou Harrison first heard the music of the gamelan (an all-percussion ensemble and genre, but one in which the drum plays...
  21. Re: Is there a place for percussion talent in BG-inspired music?

My group loves bluegrass, Appalachian music and, wait for it…North Indian Classical music. I mainly play tabla and other percussion but discovered mandolin recently and can't put it down. Here are a...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: So, What Did I Miss?

Welcome back! You missed all kinds of discussions about stuff that's never, ever been brought up before, like:
    1. Is it ok to use a capo?
    2. What's the best F style under 300 dollars?
    3. What's...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: "Inside Llewylyn Davis"--sneak review

Positively 4th Street is the best book I've read about this early folk era. Chronicles, the next best book about the era is a good read, but pretty non-linear and definitely weird.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: "Inside Llewylyn Davis"--sneak review

Film, like music and art is subjective and there's something for everybody. Who cares if someone doesn't like what you like ... unless someone's itchin' for a tussle 'cause that's their mood. ...
  25. Re: Nivram at the top of a crane...

As a general rule I refrain from commenting on posts as much as possible as the owner and creator of this forum.

However.

I now better understand why Jerry Lewis movies are still so popular in...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3