Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Thread: Tommy and Sierra

by CarlM
    Replies
    Views

Tommy and Sierra

Tommy seems to be on a mandolinist collaboration thing lately. This is nothing but beautiful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlEbEBId9CQ
  2. Making an Open Source / Free Cello Suite for Mandolin Book

Hello Amazing Mandolin Cafe Peeps,

I'm putting together an open source / free version of the Bach Cello Suites transposed for mandolin. The final output will be in PDF and MuseScore formats. There...
  3. While My Guitar Gently Weeps (for solo mandola)

Here's my latest YouTube offering.

https://youtu.be/Rlm-KbEhFg4
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Café classifieds

I really don't need to get into discussing this further and I'm already on record stating the decision is not going to be an invitation for a public forum on opinions. The banjo community has been...
  5. Bluegrass band plays for stranded motorists in CO

Members of the band "Elk Range" entertained stranded motorists On I-70 in Colorado recently...

jkYWsjJ7W7E
  6. Re: jim and jesse Ashes of Love mando tab

@Jordon, your transcription is spot on. I ran through it and it's just as I play it, thanks for the tabs. I'm curious if you use software to create the tabs?

@ John, this is exact note for note,...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: jim and jesse Ashes of Love mando tab

Hey John, here's what Jesse plays on the intro from the original recording. Absolute bear of an intro at that tempo, he's such a hoss! The fingerings are mine, Jesse may make a couple of these...
  8. Kevlar/Carbon Sorensen Sprite recording - Deadliest Catch Edition

More than a decade ago, I had the delightful opportunity to build a custom Sorensen Pacifica mandolin for film and television sound guru Bob Bronow.

Bob's Pacifica build history is recorded...
  9. Thread: What a Blast

by Mandodork
    Replies
    Views

Re: What a Blast

Hi John,
    Here's a basic tab I just typed out. Don't count on it for timing or accuracy.;)
    Basic open D chord shape and D minor chord shape with variations.
    You'll have to work out the strumming...
  10. Re: Larson Bros. Harp Mandolin on Antiques Roadshow

One small detail...it's the mandola. One of the 5 known - see my article here: https://www.harpguitars.net/history/dyer/Dyer-Harp-Mandolins-Gregg-Miner-web.pdf
  11. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Re: Loar Picture of the Day

Yes, I believe so, as the Virzi was standard on 1924 F5s. (Unless somebody special ordered a non-Virzi F5, changed his mind later and had the Virzi installed.)

From what my/our limited knowledge...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Loar Case Handle Restoration Inquiry

All

Good news! I soon hope to have some more leather replica case handles like the ones I posted about in reply #5 above!
    I know some of you were looking for some earlier in the year.
    I’ll...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Unsigned Loar on Reveb

These are un-signed Loars. Flowerpot, proper look finish, FON number aligns with the last signed batch of Loars. The only difference is the lack of label, and the serial number are relative to Loar...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Recording through the Bach Cello Suites

It. Is. Finished! The world's first recording of the complete Bach Cello Suites on mandolin is done! It's not perfect, but it's complete! If I had tried for the perfection of Chris Thile, or Carlo...
  15. Replies
    Views

TablEdit is back!

Mandozine was hosting a wonderful collection of TablEdit files for mandolin, but as you are probably aware it has not been reliable lately. The site went offline at the beginning of 2019, was...
  16. Thread: Gilchrist

by Jim Hilburn
    Replies
    Views

Re: Gilchrist

Marcus, it's not too mysterious. There's only 45 of them.
  17. Replies
    Views

This was a fun song for me to practice: lots of fun little runs to run around with, some fun cross-string jumps, a few harmonics sprinkled in, all good things. This was less fun to record: there were...
  18. Replies
    Views

Today, we have a nice slow Baroque dance where I was really just enjoying the sound of the instrument. I used a different pick than I've used the last few weeks (D'Addario's "Chris Thile" Casein,...
  19. Replies
    Views

LUDICROUS EXHILARATION! This song just screams "I'M SO HAPPY!"

The ironic part is that, today, I wasn't. I woke up feeling overwhelmed, and had a crushing day under that feeling. No reason in...
  20. Replies
    Views

The final recording of 2020, and so ends Suite 5! The trills weren't what I could hope for, but the rest was acceptable.

Got a Blue Chip pick for Christmas (CT 55), and I used it for this song....
  21. Replies
    Views

Back in the saddle again, and with some upgrades! Got a new phone, so I'm using that as my video source now (hello 1080p!), using the microphones on the phone to seed the reverb channel, and most...
  22. Replies
    Views

I love this movement. There are a couple special things about it. First, the intervals Bach writes in are truly inspired, beyond what you'd expect from any Baroque music... some really juicy...
  23. Replies
    Views

Trick or treat! Some funky fingerings in here! In the first measure, I have to go to negative-1st position for a few notes. (Or 0th position? Is there a 0 in position numbers?) Later I have some...
  24. Replies
    Views

Another movement complete. I was just trying to enjoy the sound of my mandolin on this one. Trills were meh, and I left four notes out, but I'll leave it to the listener to find out which ones....
  25. Replies
    Views

Suite 5 has begun!

It seems like a lot of teenagers bond strongly with music during the years transitioning from childhood to adult, whether they latch onto an artist or an album or a song or a...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3