Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Fauré, Piazzolla, Sydeman recordings

Hi folks, I put up a three new recordings on my little classical mando site today. Two 20th century compositions ("Treble Quartet" and "Oblivion") and a romantic piece arranged for twelve flutes,...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: La Fürstenberg

I was introduced to this piece in a workshop with Carlo Aonzo, and the + mark was one of the first things we talked about. He was pretty clear that mark meant it was up to the player how to ornament...
  3. Replies
    Views

The on screen credits say "bearb. Lichtenberg/Marshall," in English the equivalent would be "arr. Lichtenberg/Marshall." My guess is that the cello part is original to their arrangement. Mr. Marshall...
  4. Replies
    Views

A good scan of an old copy: https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b9078913f/f4.image. It’s the last four pages.
  5. Replies
    Views

I recently recorded the theme and variations number one and five for radio, they can be heard at classicalmandolin.bandcamp.com. I have a looong way to go before I sound like Camilla Finardi in the...
  6. Replies
    Views

Vous Et Mois for mando orchestra

Hi everyone,

With time on my hands I’ve arranged the beautiful and languid ballad Vous Et Mois for five part mandolin orchestra: mandolin one and two, mandola, mandocello and bass or mandobass. I...
  7. Replies
    Views

Vous Et Mois for mandolin orchestra

Hi everyone,

Cross posting from the jazz section, seems like this may appeal to people here as well.

With time on my hands I’ve arranged the beautiful and languid Vous Et Mois for five part...
  8. Re: February Jazz tune of the month: There Will Never Be Another

Smoking hot as always, Alex.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Effects pedals

Second on Mandroid, lots of talk about this in the electric section in days gone by. I play about as much electric as I do acoustic, and use a *ton* of pedals (one of my bands has about twelve...