Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Tenor Guitar tuned to GDAE, is it worth it?

As the owner of both a Blueridge tenor tuned GDAE and a Pono guitar-body octave (and a Rigel A+ mandolin), I so understand the "learning curve" portion of your question. My experience: I turned to...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Reasons to avoid jamming

I'll be the only woman there.

I'll be the only old woman there.

I'll be the only old, amateur woman there.

Nobody wants to hear an old woman sing.

I am so weary of making nice with these...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Frederick Maryland?

While I'm here mouthing off, I'd like to mention the DC Bluegrass Union. Homepage is a great resource for local activity: http://dcbu.org/
  4. Re: reflections - Thile at the Kennedy Center

I was at the Friday Kennedy Center show as well. The level of musicianship was thrilling. Fatt-dad, you mention the dueling mandolin jam of Thile/Jarosz... Can you identify the fiddle tune they...
  5. Re: Mr. Sun - See them if they come to your town

I watched the show via Concert Window at Abbie Weisenbloom's and they killed it! (Abbie's is the next best thing to being there, btw...) Absolutely, re: Joe Walsh. Nice way with a vocal too. And that...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Chicks dig guys who play an instrument

In my long life, I have often confused my attraction to a musician with my attraction to music. It took me a while to figure out what was what. When I eventually admitted to myself that my love for...
  7. Replies
    Views

Darned Impressive Tremolo Tonight

Wanted to mention the appearance of Foghorn Stringband tonite, via ConcertWindow. Here's the link: https://www.concertwindow.com/abbiewpresents Streaming from Portland at 7:30 on the west coast,...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: The Circle of 5ths Part 1

I had always wanted to learn more about music theory but could not find the discipline. A couple of years ago, I got involved in a hopeless relationship with a guitar player and thoughts of him were...