Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Essay on Mandolin Orchestras

R:e working class/labor mandolin orchestras, this is a useful link

https://forward.com/schmooze/199190/a-mandolin-orchestras-labor-roots/
  2. Re: Niel Gow’s Lament for His Second Wife on Solo Mandola

Your mandola rendition has inspired me to try and learn this. I lost my second wife, who passed 5 years ago after 26 years of happy marriage. We had a shared love of Irish and Scottish traditional...
  3. upcoming instrument auction via ebay

I noticed tonight on ebay that there are listings for instruments that will be auctioned on Feb 25th that include a number of mandolins and tenor guitars, among other fretted instruments, the 271...
  4. Re: Don’t Know If I’m Strong Enough To Talk About This Yet…

Being a genealogy buff, I've always been more interested in acquiring the Gibson A oval I've always wanted, from either my dad's birth year 1916, or my mom's, 1919. I don't think there was such a...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: New Girouard mandola arrives!

lovely version! And great sounding dola...thanks for sharing!. I can't believe next April 30th will be the 50th anniversary of Richard's death. I was about 12 when I first started hearing their...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Irish Mandolins Info

there's a nice looking Buchanan Celtic style on Ebay now, NFI.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Thomas-Buchanan-Mandolin-/171624263291?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27f59a6e7b
  7. Replies
    Views

Bacon tenor lute on ebay

I had seen the Gibson model of tenor lute on ebay some years back, but didn't know there was one by Bacon..
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: To Know Him Is To Love Him

Thanks Martin, very nice! I'm a big Steeleye fan, but the Trio version was also terrific.
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Lyrical mistakes.

"Lead on, O Kingly Turtle" for "Lead on, O King Eternal"