Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Inexpensive instrument holders

Thanks Steve and if you search the Harbor Freight site for “Micro Spring Clamp Set, 6 Pc.”, it looks like there is a purple one included in the set.

- - - Updated - - -
  2. Replies
    Views

Inexpensive instrument holders

I just discovered an easy and effective way to hold my mando, fiddle, and bow upright during practices. Harbor Freight sells small plastic clamps (6 for less than two bucks) that will fit on the...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando-inspired Haiku

Curiosity.
    Is that a Ukulele?
    No, a mandolin.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Thomastik-Infeld Strings

Thanks and worth a try to see if there is an issue. I usually change them once a year so the worst that can happen is I’ll have to change a few back to the other gauge.
  5. Replies
    Views

I’d like to ask if any fellow TI fans if they have ever mixed TI sets? I’m thinking of combining Heavy G and D with medium A and E unless there is a good reason not to.
  6. Re: What are your favorite albums featuring mandolin?

In addition to some others already mentioned, I enjoy listening to Will Patton. A good one to start with is “Latitudes and Departures” which includes a nice variety of different types of music.
  7. Charlie Daniels, fiddle (and mandolin) player dead at 83.

I didn’t realize Charlie Daniels played more instruments than the fiddle, but apparently he also played mandolin, guitar and banjo. Thanks for some great music over the years and RIP.
  8. Replies
    Views

Love them and use lights on an older Gibson and mediums on Ovation and Adamas mandolins.
  9. Re: What did we play on Mandolins 100 years ago in the USA?

Check out “All the Rage” for mandolin orchestra songs popular from 1897-1924 by Butch Baldassari and the Nashville Mandolin Ensemble.
  10. Re: Sirius Radio Replaced Bluegrass station 62 with 24/7 Dolly Pa

If you have Amazon Prime, there are several bluegrass stations in Amazon Music that you can listen to if you have bluetooth in your vehicle.
  11. Re: Did you catch the Ken Burns Country Music series opening?

and Jimmy Martin.

https://umgf.com/where-s-jimmy-martin-s-martin-t7051.html
  12. Think a full moon on Friday the 13 is scary?

13. Replies
    Views

Re: Ingles Violin Stand Question

I’ve been using an Ingles stand for my fiddles and mandolins for over ten years without any damage to any of my instruments that I can see.
  14. Re: Need an Amp for my solid-body four-string electric mandolin

Be sure to check out the Fender Blues Junior during your search.
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin Stand Recommendations

If you have a music/microphone stand you might want to check out String Swing:

https://www.stringswing.com/product/cc04uk-mic-music-stand-ukulele-mandolin-hanger

They also make ones that you...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: 4- vs 8-string electric mandos

With a four string, you can cut your tuning time and string costs in half!
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: The end of my playing days.

Ivan, is medical use of cannabis something you might consider? It has proven to be helpful to reduce many of the side effects for many chemo patients in the US, and I understand it is also now...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Happy Birthday, Mandolin Cafe!

If you go to the “Wayback Machine” located at the Internet archive, you can go back to any site at various places in time. This link should take you to what the home page was looking like on January...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Tampa, FL - acoustic music? mandolins?

Check out the Woodwright Brewery in Dunedin (north of Clearwater). They have a schedule of music posted at https://gotonight.com/venues/venue/?id=9862 with an open Bluegrass Jam on the 1st and 3rd...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: What is Groove?

I’d love to hear a mandolin orchestra version of this Groove song: https://youtu.be/0Bu-S1Tpkg8
  21. Replies
    Views

RIP Stacy Phillips

Stacy Phillips passed yesterday after suffering a massive heart attack on Sunday. He was the best dobro player I’ve ever heard, wrote several instructional books for dobro and fiddle, and even won a...
  22. Re: Info on Ovation Celebrity MCS-148 Mandolin

She should be able to pick up a used American made MM-68 for a few dollars more (~$400+) which would be a better mandolin and electronics. I don’t have any experience with any other Ovation models,...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Poor Man's Gibson

Older Stradolins if under $1,000 is considered “poor”.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin to fiddle

I started with violin as a kid and started mandolin much later. I would also recommend starting with a teacher, preferably one who plays both instruments to help you even more. I would also suggest...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Olympic Mandolin player

That is Lowell Bailey and that sure was a nice shot of him playing Mandolin for his family.
Page 1 of 2 1 2