Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Case dehumidifier?

I have used Silica Gel SG40 Aluminum 40-Gram Desiccant Dehumidifiers in my accordion cases for many years. They are economical, re-chargeable, small enough to fit just about any instrument case and...
  2. Re: Treating Trigger Finger - My First Cortisone Injection

[QUOTE there is always the surgery which is 100% effective from all reports of heard.[/QUOTE]

I suffered through several rounds of cortisone injections for my trigger finger issues. The injection...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: screw on endpin?

https://www.stewmac.com/parts-and-hardware/strap-buttons/waverly-guitar-strap-button/
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Persimmon mandolins?

Persimmon is one of my very favorite tonewoods!

5. Replies
    Views

Re: Trillium longscale mandola demo

"that nyckelharpa looks rather cool. Is it your own design or did you copy an older instrument?"

Jim....it is a tenor nyckelharpa, inspired by the wonderful instruments that came out of the...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Trillium longscale mandola demo

I'm not making mandos these days, but I still have a shop full of tools where I build a few instruments for my own amusement.
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: Trillium Octave Mandolins

"The report of my death was an exaggeration"

Mark Twain

I've slowed down considerably, but I do still build a few instruments when asked to do so.

Many thanks,
    Bob Abrams
    Trillium Octave...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Headstocks, just headstocks

Inlays inspired by a Book of Kells female figure, Magnolia grandiflora and Trillium undulatum

9. Replies
    Views

Re: Building without glue

Thank you very much for sharing that most interesting and well made film......
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: fretless mando hybrid

Here is the second of the fretless experiments, a 6-course (11-string) guitar/oud hybrid. It, too, has a 23" scale, Sperzel tuners and nylon strings. It has a fixed bridge design and 5 flush frets....
  11. Replies
    Views

fretless mando hybrid

I wonder if some of you might be interested in seeing these recent oud inspired builds. The first is essentially a fretless 5-course cittern with a scale length of 23". Nylon strung, it is currently...
  12. Thread: Walnut

by mandomentch
    Replies
    Views

Re: Walnut

Claro Walnut.....probably my first choice for backs & sides these days!