Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Punch Brothers "Hell on Church Street"

I am absolutely loving this album. I love the original album as well. If you try and compare this to the original you will likely be quite disappointed. If you listen to this as what it is, a...
  2. Thread: Punch brothers

by jaybp30
    Replies
    Views

Re: Punch brothers

https://youtu.be/3o4m2OdxH_w

I challenge everyone not to get into this version.
  3. Thread: Punch brothers

by jaybp30
    Replies
    Views

Re: Punch brothers

I'm a huge Punch Bros fan but I've gotta say, when I first heard this I thought it was "meh" compared to the Tony Rice version. Then it came on again and I liked it a little more. Now, after a few...
  4. Replies
    Views

Bela at Carnegie Hall

Whelp, this is a pretty decent lineup.

https://www.jambase.com/article/bela-fleck-carnegie-hall-billy-strings-chris-thile?fbclid=IwAR2n6GKSJK84qK5ki2SYHCmI1DiiZ7gJQH0e0hlrJ-gJqEKHbmfPC2h7t4k
  5. Replies
    Views

Quarantine Remote Group Recording

My buddy tried to get a bunch of people he knew to record parts to a song he wrote, all on their own, from home. I added a little basic mando (so there is mando content). Just a fun little project....
  6. Replies
    Views

Del's 80th @ the Cap

Last night they celebrated Del's 80th birthday (which was in February!) at the Capitol Theater in Port Chester, NY. What a show. Del's band with special guests, Jerry Douglas, Dawg, Drew Emmit and...
  7. Replies
    Views

Mandolin Inspired Beer

My local brewery, Nod Hill Brewery, in Ridgefield, CT had a mandolin inspired beer. The owner of the place plays mando in a band that plays at the tap room once a month. They are a good group...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Hope this never happens again

Good news everybody!

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-50275613
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: R. I. P. Robert Hunter

Lost one of the greatest lyricists of all time. The article says his favorite lyric was from Ripple, “Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men.” Dawg played on the...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: My KM 1050 vs other Mandos

That's my game plan. Honestly, the sound is growing on my as I play it but I think the thing I'm have the most trouble with now is the radiused finger board. Never really played one and I'm having...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: My KM 1050 vs other Mandos

If you guys don't mind here is a sample of each to critique. They are just recorded on my cell phone mic. I really don't hear a huge difference between the MK and 1050. Maybe my ear just isn't too...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Your Jeff Austin Memories

Here is a link to most of the YMSB when he was still with the band. They are in the society of musical groups that encourage the taping and sharing of their music. archive.org is THE place to find...
  13. Replies
    Views

Jeff Austin Family Fund

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere but I can't seem to find mention of it.

It seems as though Jeff Austin has had some type of medical emergency. There have been a ton of rumors flying around...
  14. Thread: Fishing Video

by jaybp30
    Replies
    Views

Fishing Video

Nice little fishing video with some nice acoustic (some mando) accompaniment. (mando starts at 2:00). Great outtakes at the end too.

https://youtu.be/5PBly_LYIAo
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Best chop around $1000

I mean I certainly can improve my chop but I've definitely noticed the quality of the chop varies from the mandos I've played.
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Best chop around $1000

Funny you mention that Weber. That was one of the instruments that I didn't love. I think the mahogany back on them takes out the bark.

I figured those eastmans and kentuckys would be mentioned....
  17. Replies
    Views

Re: Best Time of Day to Practice ?

As is of true of the best time to go fishing...when you can.
  18. Replies
    Views

Del at the NPR Tiny Desk Concet

Not sure if this has been linked to already but if not here it is. The audio is slightly out of sync with the video for some reason.
  19. Thread: Sam and Sierra

by jaybp30
    Replies
    Views

Sam and Sierra

Just got back from Grey Fox. Is there a better place on earth than the Walsh Farm that weekend in July? Saw a mando "workshop"of sorts with Sam Bush and Sierra Hull playing and talking about a few...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Looking for an office mandolin

I found a Stradolin near by I am really happy with and always thought it would be cool to have one anyway. So now I've got a beater MK and a better sounding but more beat up Stradolin and the wife...