Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Home made pickup

These work wonderfully and run off a 9v battery.....just make sure you counterbalance the trigger magnet otherwise you`ll have a lot of wobbliness ;) ...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Home made pickup

They make mechanical counters that can be triggered by a small arm off the bobbin. I used to use one when I was winding my own coils for crossovers.
  3. Re: Any one have experience with a Giggle 8 String Electric mando

Shielding the control cavity is also highly recommended.

Len B.
    Clearwater, FL
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Eastwood Rickenbacker

Just got out of hospital after six weeks,mine is great,would not change a thing on it,pickups work great after shielding the cavity,neck looks small but plays great,much better then other eight...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Almuse "Aggressor" 4 pole pick up

Great!
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Almuse "Aggressor" 4 pole pick up

It's good to have an in-house sound engineer ;-)
  7. Thread: Show your cboms!

by bbcee
    Replies
    Views

Re: Show your cboms!

Another member of the waldzither mafia ... a 30's Pluckthun with a wide body & almost-20" scale, modified by Jake Wildwood. It's a gas to play and it records really well.

8. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson Ajr... What kind of mandolin is it ?

There is a bid for 390 euros so your not going to get it for less than that. Ajr mandolins can be every bit as good playing and sounding as their higher priced cousins. Here in the US you could...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: "Moana March" tabs

133435no tab, just notes
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Bulgarian Tambura

Listen to the Breton guitarist Gilles Le Bigot play the tambura - particularly a track called La Funambule from his CD Empreintes.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Waldzither...

Ronny,

Not sure how tuning like a bouzouki works for a five-course instrument like the waldzither, with its very much shorter scale length.

I have two waldzithers, one at 43cm (9 strings) and...
  12. Re: Octave Mandolin, Guitar and Build Journal Completed

Here is a cell phone video of the GOM. I am painfully non-photogenic and nervous in front of a camera, but this should give an idea how the instrument sounds. I've never posted video before -...
  13. Octave Mandolin, Guitar and Build Journal Completed

I haven't posted much, but I've been busy. I have completed an archtop guitar shaped octave mandolin and archtop guitar. This is my first instrument build. Both are red maple back and sides and with...
  14. Replies
    Views

Free V-Picks - Right Here

http://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=106156&d=1377787993

Was chatting with Vinni Smith at V-Picks the last couple of days and we thought it'd be fun to do a special...
  15. La Petite Tonkinoise (Josephine Baker/jazz-age Paris)

Not sure which of this forum's genres this tunes goes in best, but I guess somewhere between jazz and ragtime.

This is an instrumental cover I have recorded of of a song written by Vincent Scotto...
  16. Replies
    Views

A Punk Driven, Rock Fuelled Folk Machine

Hello!

I'm new around here but I haven't just come to plug my band... I'm sticking around!

I recently picked up the mandolin after a great band from my town lost theirs, absolutely loving it...