Search:

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Leave leather strap on?

I've been playing for years and I don't take the straps off. It just wears the one end of the strap putting it on taking it off instrument is fine. My $.02...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Question about The Mandolin Store

Free shipping is usually "ground" and takes ~7-10 days.

If you're on pins and needles waiting for something, those ~7-10 days last approximately 1 Eternity...
  3. Thread: I never learn

by pops1
    Replies
    Views

Re: I never learn

Simple test for strings is slide you fingernail under the wound strings. if you can feel a bump where the frets are it's time to change.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Blue Chip meltdown

Oh, I thought you melted one down to see what happened. :)
  5. Replies
    Views

First Mandolin Build Thread

I think it's time to start a build thread for my first mandolin. So far I've resawed, jointed, and glued up the blank for the soundboard and glued up and roughed out the neck blank. The neck blank...
  6. Replies
    Views

A "Small World" moment.

Just a fun story about knowing people who know people...

I played on stage in the worship set in church on Sunday morning a week and a half ago. Consequently, this past Sunday I was chatting with...
  7. Re: how to fix smoke smell in mandolin and case ?

With smoke smell I've personally found you need to clean the instrument and the case and then deodorize. Fabric softener sheets will help with the case. Unfortunately you can't just air them out.
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Tuners again

Take a look at the late Paul Hostetter's tuner maintenance page. It is here. Most of the time simply servicing these tuners brings them back to life. Also, make sure the strings aren't binding in the...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: Wide Nut Question

My opinion:

What is a "no brainer" is why all nut widths aren't 1 3/16ths as standard and "wide" is , wider.

Anything less than 1 3/16ths ( in my world ) is absurdly narrow and unplayable.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin that can't be tuned?

Yup, he needs worm under tuners but that's not his only issue...

That's what I would call very "manly" action bordering on becoming a cheese slicer.
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: The end of my playing days.

Ivan,

I'm speechless, and so sorry for you. I've been sitting on this reply for a few days not knowing what to say.

I wish you the best possible outcomes and a long life.

Daniel
  12. Replies
    Views

Hi all - Right now,apart from my up coming Chemo.,everything i'm doing is to make things easier for my wife should the worst happen. She knows where i bought my mandolins,but she wouldn't have any...
  13. Replies
    Views

From Dang - " On this side of the “pond” tomorrow is March 1st, you must have something else on your mind ! " Yep ! - I wonder what it could be ?. Right now,that's as good as it gets for my mental...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: Wax Finish Removal?

I would prefer mechanical removal (gently use edge of credit card or such) as much as possible in this case. You may have thick layer of some wax polish over original finish (likely shellac) and if...
  15. Thread: Canned tracks

by Br1ck
    Replies
    Views

Canned tracks

Without exception, I hate anyone using any kind of backing tracks while performing. If it is a solo act in a bar, I just walk away. Now if someone can use a looper in real time, I'm all in, but...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson A 50 for $7500

"Yeah, Honey, I listed it on eBay, but no one would give me a fair price for it! [Snickers] I mean, it's a Gibson!

Sure, I want to downsize my collection; I think I'll try to get $3,000 for my...
  17. Replies
    Views

Ivan, words do not always work when we try to express what we feel, but you are in my thoughts right now. I haven't been so active here on the forums since my wife's very sudden and totally...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: Rigel A+ deluxe on ebay

This one looks like it could have been a resonator model.
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: If You Were Famous . . .

The best mandolin players I have heard were not famous. Fame is a choice. There are great famous mandolin players out there but some who are very good do not want fame. It does feed the ego...
  20. Replies
    Views

Hopefully will be hearing from you for many years to come. Best wishes.
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson F-5 Reference Book

Welcome to the Cafe and best wishes to your monumental endeavor!
  22. Replies
    Views

A few young musicians to keep an eye on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVl1ibykWZU
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Would it be a dumb move?

I wouldn't trade a Kentucky KM-505 for a Michael Kelly. I have played several of both and the sound of the Kentuckys have all been better.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: what would you do

Just list your mandolin on the classifieds here. You will find somebody who does not think it is junk and would be glad to have it.

Then--find a dealer you can contact via phone about finding the...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: what would you do

I would sure let them know about their attitude problem. See how they handle knowing and make a decision from there.
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4