Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Willow Creek Instruments

Where did you find any info about "expensive woods"? A Google search turns up their website which doesn't appear to mention anything about the grade of woods used and looking at the instruments they...
  2. Re: My new electric mando - Alden Mandocaster

Eastwood sells hard shell cases for $189, it was $99 when I bought my Mandocaster soon after they came out.. They provide gig bags with the Mandocaster, but I didn't see that item separately on...
  3. Re: My new electric mando - Alden Mandocaster

I have the Eastwood version. Replaced the bridge with one that adjustable saddles for each string to improve intonation because I went with a custom string gauge setup., Replaced the neck pup with a...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Recommendation for an electric?

Asian made Telecaster shaped 8 string, 2 pickup electric mandolin available in many different brand names. Mine is the Morgan Monroe offering. It's ideal for your needs playing it unplugged late at...
  5. Replies
    Views

Mission accomplished. Congrats!

Now excuse me while I Google Alden Mandocaster and see what you're in for . . . .
  6. Replies
    Views

It is probably out of your price range, but I got the Eastman El Rey for exactly this purpose and it is great. Really quiet, but still able to be heard and feels like an acoustic mandolin (albeit...
  7. Replies
    Views

There are several solid-bodies at www.reverb.com for well under $500. For your purposes, they should all be fine.

You might end up getting a setup locally, but that shouldn't discourage you.
  8. Replies
    Views

Many electric mandolins dont have a break where the bridge is. No neck angle. This makes the feel a lot different and I wouldnt use it in a bluegrass genre or playing style.
  9. Replies
    Views

[QUOTE=jefflester;1757104]The Godin still has significant volume when played unplugged, might not be what you want for late night quiet practicing.

Sorry, Zakry, Jeff is right. The Godin is loud...
  10. Replies
    Views

Look for a used Kentucky four stringer or a Crafter a/e (Ovation style).
  11. Replies
    Views

Or a pet ferret.

Eastwood also has some standard mandolins, such as the Mandocaster and the Ricky. I don't know whether you prefer 4 strings or 8.
    The Godin is great but may be too loud. There...
  12. Replies
    Views

You could stuff a sock or similar material in the oval hole of your 304.
  13. Replies
    Views

I am a fan of the Epiphone Mandobird 4. Especially if you upgrade the pickup with an Almuse.
    Looks like that one is located in France, so shipping might not be cheap.
  14. Replies
    Views

The Godin still has significant volume when played unplugged, might not be what you want for late night quiet practicing. Most videos are plugged in, this guy is not, and doesn't look to be playing...
  15. Replies
    Views

I'm happy with my Godin A8. Technically, it's an acoustic mandolin with a built-in electronic pickup. It's solid and long lasting, with a better sound than many mandolins of the same price, but it's...
  16. Replies
    Views

I've got an Eastwood Airline Mandola. Low price high quality.

The mandos look very tempting.
  17. Thread: Tab Software

by Jim Bevan
    Replies
    Views

Re: Tab Software

Click on my signature, watch the video on the site's homepage, and you'll see mando-specific scores of Sibelius in action – in this case, the fretboard is following the tab, but it can be assigned to...
  18. Thread: Tab Software

by Jess L.
    Replies
    Views

I hadn't heard of Flat, but here's what I found out...

According to the Flat website pricing page:

"Flat Free includes:
    Create and store 15 scores"

So apparently you get 15 songs for...
  19. Thread: Tab Software

by Simon DS
    Replies
    Views

There are quite a few apps out there now, here’s one called ‘Flat’.

It’s free for ipad, prob available for smartphones too and has a virtual piano keyboard.
    Quite a simple layout and most...
  20. Thread: Tab Software

by Jess L.
    Replies
    Views

I use MuseScore. They added tab-writing capability a few years ago. I didn't much like MuseScore at first, but either it's improved or I've gotten used to it. :whistling: Although I wasn't impressed...
  21. Thread: Tab Software

by Simon DS
    Replies
    Views

Musescore.org is my favourite but I no longer have a computer so there are some features that I don’t have while using my ipad...

What I’m looking for is a simple virtual mandolin or fiddle...
  22. Replies
    Views

I also recommend TablEdit, I use the tefview app to convert abc files to tab and notation on a daily basis, check out the session.com for a ton of celtic stuff. I dont read standard notation very...
  23. Re: A likely contentious opinion on electric mandolins

To play an electric guitar as a mandolin. Electric guitars are welcome in more places than mandolins might be, and you can sneak it in without people knowing they've been mandolined!
  24. Thread: New Strap!

by Joe Dodson
    Replies
    Views

Re: New Strap!

I pulled out a bunch of paracord this morning to try this out. I've got an old Gibson A1 with a heel button that currently has an exceptionally ugly and uncomfortable strap on it.
  25. Thread: New Strap!

by yankees1
    Replies
    Views

Re: New Strap!

Appropriate for Saint Paddy's Day !
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3