Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Oval Hole Resale

I recently took delivery of a new Girouard oval hole and couldn't be more pleased with its sound. I have no doubt that if I ever wanted to sell it (a doubtful proposition) it would move very quickly.
  2. Replies
    Views

I've an Ellis A4 special and can attest to them being fantastic instruments. I bought mine second hand in TAMCO, and had to get a small bank loan to buy it, so again can attest to ovals holding their...
  3. Replies
    Views

Mr Busman hit the nail on the head in post # 2.
    Buy a mandolin to play it.
    Get the mandolin that you like and will enjoy.

"a decent oval hole should sell pretty easily."
    Indeed. Many people,...
  4. Replies
    Views

Yes there is. For me not so much mandolins but vintage guitars have a profound effect on me, runny nose, water eyes and an overall uncomfortable feeling. I don't have asthma but do have a reaction...
  5. Replies
    Views

Within that budget I would definitely take a look at a Girouard oval ! Wonderful sound and impeccable workmanship !
  6. Thread: Oval Hole Resale

by CES
    Replies
    Views

Agree. Can’t imagine you’d have trouble reselling any of the mandolins you mention. That budget may get you into a used Kimble A style oval, and any number of other independent luthiers, for that...
  7. Replies
    Views

Hmmmm …. with that budget I recommend you play some Gibson A models from the 1920's with the snakehead shaped headstock before you make your final decision. Ultimately as a mandolinist you will want...
  8. Replies
    Views

If an oval hole is what you like the sound of, I'd say go for that without regard to the resale value. There are lots of other people out there who prefer them too, and if you ever decide to get rid...