Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Early mandolin recordings / Correcting Wikipedia

Two new recordings are up. by Raffaele Calace, and his student Mario de Pietro!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfT2m1vmgW0

First, I have to apologize for the opening being cut off in the...
  2. Replies
    Views

Ninetta - Mazurka by C. A. Bracco

This mazurka by the famous composer C. A. Bracco can be found in the Album pour Mandoline No. 3 which has been published by Ricordi ca. 1899. Bracco is famous for his compositions “I Mandolin a...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: The Cadenza, The Crescendo

"Is there anyone or any of these institutions that have scanned these journals since this was last posted? It would be great to have digital copies available. Thanks."

Here is The Cadenza.

and...
  4. Replies
    Views

Game Changer - Vintage Gibson Mandolin

I started my mandolin journey about a year ago. At the suggestion of Dennis at The Mandolin Store, I bought an Eastman MD505, which I really like and have had a great time playing it.

Earlier...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Neapolitan mandolins at Bernunzio

Got myself a new baby. Fancy double top Ceccherini, number 2350, I guess Circa 1915 or so. Not as fancy as the one sold by Bernunzio, not fluted and with short fretboard, but with the same ornaments...
  6. Schroeder's Idea for mandolin orchestra, free

I have made the score and parts available for another one of my older mandolin orchestra pieces. Schroeder's Idea was commissioned by my friends in the Louisville Mandolin Orchestra to help celebrate...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: A sensational find...

Thanks, Aidan. I love the sound of both the bouzouki and mandolin. The workmanship looks stupendous, too.

For your (and my) convenience:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQOD8mdDanE
  8. Replies
    Views

Renaissance songs for Tenor Guitar

Czech Renaissance folk songs

Songs: Muransky zamek 00:00​ Noci mila, procs tak dluha 00:56​ O krali Matyasovi 01:57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1whWOeYcBFo
  9. Published: Anonymous mandolin concerto (sinfonia)

Hi,

Just wanted to share that I finally found enough time to publish editions of the mandolin concerto ("sinfonia") I discovered in 2012 (see initial blog post). (It's likely from around the 1750s...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin classical literature

I should mention that I am a retired Library of Congress music cataloger. Now I go into LC once a week as a volunteer to catalog mandolin music that has languished uncataloged in the stacks for well...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: High End mandolin cases... and theft

This is why I keep my Loar in a Target shopping bag.
  12. Mandolin sources in Yale University library

Hi all,

Just wanted to share with you my latest blog posts about some discoveries of 18th century mandolin music at Yale University Music Library.

First of all, a general blog post about Yale...
  13. Replies
    Views

Puccini's "O mio babbino caro" solo

I don't think I've ever shared this here, so here remedied. It's a super-easy (but—I like to imagine—super-effective) duo-style arrangement of Puccini's popular aria. When the aria is extracted,...
  14. Replies
    Views

Re: A mandolin/violin relative price story

They are way more than a bundle of horse hair... they are precisely handmade, balanced fulcrums that enable the user to execute passages, fast and slow on this stick that is not, does not act like...
  15. Re: 2 antique Mandolins, one Very unique . Looking for info .

One of my favorite things about visiting the back rooms of the music department of the Metropolitan Museum was the drawers of pochettes also called dancing masters fiddles (first cousins to the...
  16. Canzon a 4 by Giovanni Gabrieli (1553 - 1612)

A canzona in 4 parts by the Italian composer, Gabrieli whose work represents the transition between the late Renaissance and Early Baroque.

I have scored the piece for a quartet of 2 mandolins,...
  17. Thread: Bowlbacks of Note

by Tavy
    Replies
    Views

Re: Bowlbacks of Note

Minty Vinaccia on eBay

Crazy asking price, but it sure is pretty...

18. Replies
    Views

Re: Kaufman Kamp 2016--Who is Going?

I'm going - and a newbie faculty member this year, really looking forward to meeting new folks and I'm bringing all my workshop materials, handouts, etc... I'll be bringing the A-game I promise! ...
  19. Re: Kaufman Kamp 2015 Roll Call--Who is going?

I've got the notes down. I'm just really struggling with the mandocello buzzing if I don't fret it at exactly the right space. If I memorize the music and constantly stare at my left hand I do...
  20. New video - 'Andante con Variazoni' by Ludwig van Beethoven

Hi all,

Here is a new video of Ferdinand Binnendijk and Laurens de Man performing Ludwig van Beethoven's "Andante con Variazioni". Enjoy!

21. Replies
    Views

Waltz n° 2 by D. Shostakovich

The wonderful Waltz by Dmitri Shostakovich, from Suite for Variety Orchestra (1956), in my arrangement for classical guitar.
    http://www.chitarrarte.it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbMYdlQdwyA
  22. East Of Eden soundtrack (L. Rosenman), for mandolin orchestra

Leonard Rosenman (1924-2008): East Of Eden (Main Theme)

This is the main theme from the soundtrack of the 1955 movie "East Of Eden" with James Dean and Julie Harris. My recording is based on an...
  23. Re: Olgertinno and Antonio Vivaldi Concerto for 2 mandolins

Updated link on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGits_-nBCc&sns=sms
  24. Replies
    Views

Ez sint guotiu niuwe maere - Octave Mandolin

Well, I already introduced this one here about a year ago.
    But now we made a real arrangement for our band.

84InU2ItmFg

The vocal line is more or less following historical composition rules....
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Kaufman Kamp 2014 Roll Call!

I had to miss a year, so I get to wait and avoid the Bear Bucks rush. Food… meh… BEEEEERRRRR!!!!!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3