Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Alternate Reality Fender Tenor Tele

Lol, that person who says they have one on the Facebook group is me. I do. It is the one from the Reverb listing you posted. So we are back to only one known to exist….
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Hamlett number 13

So I managed to get my hands on Lucky this summer, although a severed long finger tendon on my left hand has kept me from playing until this week. Came in a nice Bobelock case that I cleaned up, and...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Hidden D'Addario Micro Tuners....

So here is what the adapter I designed looks like on the back of the headstock, between the tuners. Yeah, the tuner can sit backwards at the top of an F headstock--but I find that my hand gets in...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Hidden D'Addario Micro Tuners....

Well, the adhesive is one I've been testing for months on a Varnish Ellis and my Flatiron and Eastman... so far not even a little bit of an issue.

The big issue I have with the clip on tuners is...
  5. Replies
    Views

Hidden D'Addario Micro Tuners....

So I really love my D'Addario Micro Clip On tuners--but I really hate having them on the front of my headstock.

So let me show you one cool trick.

This is my Flatiron with an Micro Clip on...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Mandolin stands

Ok, so in full disclosure I help Solid Ground with some of their marketing... but that’s only because I like their stands so much. I ran into Mark and his team at summer NAMM last year, and soon...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: One Mandolin - forever...

My Ellis F5. Would be the last to ever leave, after I kick it.

8. Re: Great new composition by Joe K. Walsh - mandola and bass

I think that's a Smart.

https://pegheadnation.com/featured-videos/studio/joe-k-walsh-stream-flowing-west/
  9. Amazing video of Josh Luttrell finishing an Ellis

Thought we could all use some soothing relaxing video to watch today.
  10. Replies
    Views

We Lost John Prine.

So sad to see another great person lost to this tragedy.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/obituary/9346434/john-prine-dead-coronavirus
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Making Real Wood Buttons for Gotoh Tuners...

Looks like the custom buttons I made for the Ellis folks for one of Pava's A5's have made their way over to Carters!

https://cartervintage.com/collections/mandolins/products/pava-a5-namm-model-new
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Solved a buzzing problem on my Ratliff

Matt--I promise I'm working on it. Have that rosewood on my desk here. Have to retool a little for the thicker Waverly shafts.

After this weekend the festival I'm helping with will be done, and...
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: Summer NAMM 2019 Report

I've *really* liked my Eastman Octave--picked it up earlier this year. Hopefully your experience was an outlier, Steve.

It will hold me over until that Clark Octave shows up on my doorstep one of...
  14. Replies
    Views

Don, I’m just reporting what they had on the info cards hanging next to the instruments at the show. I can confirm that IS what they said, mahogany.

Here are the cards (hard to read, sorry)
  15. Replies
    Views

Ok, I think all I'm missing at this point is The Loar...

Left to right...

Professional Series
    All Solid F-Style Mandolin
    Hand-Carved solid spruce top
    Hand-Carved solid figured...
  16. Replies
    Views

Here's a couple shots of what Eastman brought to the show. I still favor well set up Eastman 305's as the best sounding entry level mando out there--really really great builds in my book. Also their...
  17. Replies
    Views

And then my absolute most favorite mandolin find at Summer Namm 2019 is these fine folks:

You may have seen some of their guitar stands in the high-end room at Carters, but I noticed the...
  18. Replies
    Views

Ok, so let's talk about the cases next. What I saw there were the TKL Vectra cases. Which, while new to me, have been in existence for at least a couple years now (though when I was doing a lot of...
  19. Replies
    Views

Heading back to the show--will post Eastman, Saga, and The Loar stuff tonight or tomorrow.

Going to get some hands on time with that new Weber Octave, looks neat.
  20. Replies
    Views

Ok, and on to Weber next. They brought a lot of nice mandolins, a couple octaves, a mandola, and a mandocello.

I'm also attaching all the info provided on the display cards in the booth--though I...
  21. Replies
    Views

And here are the Pava instruments that came along for the trip:

Pava A5 Pro - Blonde with Koa Binding, Koa Iris Inlay and Koa Tuner Buttons
    This is a pretty neat one, the koa binding is...
  22. Replies
    Views

Ok... let's start with my favorite, Ellis & Pava. (I apologize in advance for the cell phone photos--I wasn't planning on doing this...)

Here's a look at their sweet booth:

Starting...
  23. Replies
    Views

Summer NAMM 2019 Report

I'm down at Summer NAMM for a mini vacation with my daughter, and of course have been digging through all things mandolin here.

This year there are a good number of builders, but only 2 US based...
  24. Re: Looking for a clip-on tuner that works well in daylight...

I've always really loved the NS Micro tuners, and they just released a new one in the last month or so with a much brighter nicer display. The clip is also redesigned and lets me hide the tuner on...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: Show off your back side

Here is the back of my Pava A5 Pro:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3