Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Chris Thile's Loars

Mark/Richard,

I agree!

I actually recorded these videos years ago. I believe it was on Easter Sunday, if memory serves. Definitely wish we had the sound setup back then that Carter's has now!...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Dan Voight - Mandolin Lesson

I can second Kevin's review. When I was still based in Nashville I took a few lessons from Dan that helped immensely. He is a fantastic teacher. And, as Kevin mentioned, an incredible builder. He...
  3. Replies
    Views

New Labraid (Brian Dean) Grand Concert - Jazz

Greetings all. I wanted to share a few photographs that Brian shared with me recently. This is a new design he came up with, a sort of 'continuation' of his Grand Concert design. Joe Brent is one of...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Word of thanks- Andrew Buckner

Andrew,

Purchased the album a few weeks back. Wonderful stuff, just an absolute delight to listen to. As everyone has already noted great playing, and the Northfield sounds wonderful! Thanks so...
  5. Thread: Voight F-5 #18

by josh a
    Replies
    Views

Re: Voight F-5 #18

Greetings Don!

I ran into some bandwidth issues, see the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyX6Boh9gW8
  6. Thread: Voight F-5 #18

by josh a
    Replies
    Views

Voight F-5 #18

I have been meaning to write a review of the mandolin I received from Dan for some time. This is Voight F-5 #18, completed in late 2015. I have gotten to know the instrument quite well over the last...
  7. Thread: Wiens mandolins

by josh a
    Replies
    Views

Re: Wiens mandolins

Thought I would chime in. I own Wiens #41, purchased from Jamie after he advertised it on his website a few months back. It is an absolutely incredible instrument all around. Fit & finish, tone, &...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Headstock pictures

Voight F-5 in progress. Dan's first Torch & Wire

9. Replies
    Views

Re: Voight F5 Owners

10. Replies
    Views

Re: Voight F5 Owners

Dan's mandolins are incredible, in all respects. The torch and wire F-5 he is working on in this batch is mine, and simply put I cannot wait. I have a great mandolin currently, but Dan's instruments...
  11. Replies
    Views

Re: Paul Duff at Carter Vintage Guitars

Here is some video of the Q&A, more to follow! Had a great time at the event. Paul was extremely kind and talked for well over two hours. Carter's had 2 Duff cellos, a mandola, and an F and A in...
  12. Schultz Loar Video from Carter Vintage Guitars

Carter Vintage just posted this video of the Carter/Schultz Loar on their Facebook page, thought I would share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpK3O4XB-cY
  13. Replies
    Views

Helen Highwater at Carter Vintage Guitars

Helen Highwater put on an incredible show last night at Carter Vintage in Nashville. Mike Compton, David Grier, Shad Cobb, and Missy Raines. What an absolutely incredible show, check them out live if...
  14. Replies
    Views

Duff Mandola - "Moonglow"

Carter Vintage Guitars just posted this one. Ethan Ballinger and Austin Filingo doing Moonglow. That Duff Mandola sure sounds good....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1_ZhjozDXY
  15. Mike Compton and a Dec. 1 Loar at Carter Vintage Guitars

Video just posted to Christie and Walter's Facebook page. I've played this one, and it's great...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnJqgBE4Hf4
  16. Replies
    Views

New Mandolin Day: Altman Loar Series

Just received this Altman Loar Series today. Incredible mandolin. Fit and finish is second to none. Still a bit tight, wasn't played much in the past apparently. But 3 hours in she is really starting...