Search:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Strings Question

I like Monels but my preference it D’Addario NBs and they make them in most common gauges. They are a but warmer to my ears than Monels.
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Strings Question

Curt Mangan: https://www.curtmangan.com/monel-mandolin-light-10-36/
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Trip to Kentucky, is Rosine worth a visit?

I visited that one a long time ago, and have ever since referred to it as "the world's most boring state park". :))

D.H.
  4. Re: Trip to Kentucky, is Rosine worth a visit?

I have a story...

I traveled from South Carolina to in-laws in Illinois, to pick up my wife and kids. I had really been wanting to pass through Rosine. So I visited the cemetery at 12:30 a.m. I...
  5. Re: Trip to Kentucky, is Rosine worth a visit?

Didn't notice the RV part before. In Lexington, the Kentucky Horse Park has an excellent RV camp ground. Right outside Lexington, 30 minutes from Frankfort.

I went on a field trip with my...
  6. Replies
    Views

If that means this one:
    I wouldn't recommend making it a destination, and I'm not even sure I would stop by if I was right there and had time (been there, done that).
  7. Replies
    Views

There are all sorts of attractions in and around Louisville. Distilleries, museums of all kinds, parks, Churchill Downs. Near Bowling Green there is the Corvette museum and a dinosaur theme park as...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: Forum Search, Trip to Nashville

Well, definitely visit Carters and Gruhns, which you've got on your list already. You might also enjoy visiting The Mandolin Store which is north of the city a little bit, just call first. And...
  9. Replies
    Views

The search function that is built in has some limitations. I generally use Google to search the site. See if this search helps you in your quest.
  10. Replies
    Views

If you have wheels, head down 100 to Pasquo and the Loveless Café for breakfast. It's not what is was before it became a tourist mecca, but still worth the nice drive.

If you're a fiddler, The...
  11. Replies
    Views

Dee’s Country Cocktail Lounge on Mondays for East Nash Grass.
  12. Re: Trip to Kentucky, is Rosine worth a visit?

Louisville has the Louisville Slugger Factory tours. And Rosine is a nice visit for us bluegrassers.
  13. Re: Trip to Kentucky, is Rosine worth a visit?

I've been there and I agree... dead center Rosine Ky.

Curious though, that the Slick Back lists their own address as:

U.S. 62
    Horse Branch, Kentucky 42349
    United States
  14. Re: Trip to Kentucky, is Rosine worth a visit?

slick back bbq and the rosine barn are dead center rosine ky ...not horse branch.....
  15. Re: Trip to Kentucky, is Rosine worth a visit?

Berea is a great place for arts, crafts, and festivals of all sorts. Cool history — has a college founded by an abolishionist who survived nine assassination attempts.

The Judds, Red Foley, and...
  16. Replies
    Views

If you are coming to Lexington, you may want to take in some horse races at Keeneland.
    The James Pepper Distillery in Lexington also has a nice tour.
  17. Replies
    Views

Agreed!
    Woodford Reserve and Makers Mark are also pretty good tours (and tastings!).
  18. Replies
    Views

Nashville tips. Don't miss The Station Inn, Carter's and Gruhn's. My favorite distillery is Buffalo Trace in Frankfort.
  19. Replies
    Views

There is the Blue Grass Hall of Fame in Owensboro. Not very far from Rosine.
  20. Re: Trip to Kentucky, is Rosine worth a visit?

Haven't been to Rosine, but as far as the distilleries go, I would recommend Buffalo Trace above any others. I don't believe they're currently part of the trail, but they have the best tours I've...
  21. Replies
    Views

I went to Rosine, visited the cemetery with Bill Monroe's and Uncle Penn's graves, visited the Monroe home place and otherwise just looked around.
    I was never the world's biggest Bill Monroe fan but...
  22. Re: Trip to Kentucky, is Rosine worth a visit?

If you do end up heading that way, don't miss the BBQ at the Slick Back right next door to the Rosine Barn Jamboree in Horse Branch.

https://slickbackthestore.business.site/
  23. Re: Trip to Kentucky, is Rosine worth a visit?

I don't know about an historic interest but there are some fine jams going off in that area. R/
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: A Loar on Craigslist? Yes sir!

Was that for each or for both? :confused: If it were for both, someone got a good deal. Well, for this ballpark. Pretty nice park. ;)

Never mind. Pretty sure you meant for each.

I'm glad so...
  25. Replies
    Views

Re: A Loar on Craigslist? Yes sir!

Speaking of ...
    https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=198496&d=1641162507 https://www.mandolincafe.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=198498&d=1641162507

Happy New...
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4