Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Jams around Fredericksburg, Virginia

Richmond has some good jams. The every Sunday jam at the Cary St. Cafe is very welcoming, although the players there are really good and play really fast. If you are willing to hang back, you can...
  2. Re: New (to me) family American Conservatory mandolin questions

See post #20.

If you are going to spend that much, I think I would spend a bit more and get the Eastman case. I have three of those for my upperend bowlbacks. Very protective.
  3. Re: New (to me) family American Conservatory mandolin questions

I have several bowlbacks (American Conservatory, Lyon and Healy, Puglisi, and (I forget the other one, I've been sick and my brain is not sharp today,)) I bought Stagg bags (NFI) which fit all of...
  4. Replies
    Views

Depends on how far you would want to drive with the traffic madness on I-95.
    There are plenty of jams in the D.C. metro area. Check out the dcbu.org calendar.
    There is also a Sunday jam in...
  5. Replies
    Views

Former long time resident of Spotsylvania County here. I would advise you to just hang around in Picker’s Supply for a while and strike up some conversations with the folks there. Bluegrass is so...
  6. Re: New (to me) family American Conservatory mandolin questions

Regarding fit, Elderly says the chipboard case fits instruments up to 8” wide, 6 1/2” deep, and 25 3/4” long. The Eastman case says it fits up to 8” wide, 6” deep, and 26” long. One choice that...
  7. Re: New (to me) family American Conservatory mandolin questions

Strings and Beyond have sent me an email to suggest they have 20% off just for today-"CyberMonday" which will mean an even better deal on the strings.

I always tune up to pitch very carefully...
  8. Re: New (to me) family American Conservatory mandolin questions

Why all this talk about ball end ultra light strings? Loop end should work fine on that tailpiece I think. You are right about using ultra lights. Lots of instruments like that go ruined by being...
  9. Re: New (to me) family American Conservatory mandolin questions

Gary is online on Reverb as GLMusicStore. I have no idea if he's still selling those cases.
  10. Re: New (to me) family American Conservatory mandolin questions

Links always help. Tammy, do you mean this chipboard case?

11. Re: New (to me) family American Conservatory mandolin questions

Hi - I just did a quick check on the interwebs….one of the vendors advertised on the Café - Elderly Instruments - offers a bowl back mandolin case that (depending on your instrument's dimensions)...
  12. Re: New (to me) family American Conservatory mandolin questions

I used to buy on ebay an excellent foam bowlback case for under $50. It was sold by a dealer named violinking but they do not seem to be online any more.

I also bought one of these Warwick...
  13. Re: New (to me) family American Conservatory mandolin questions

I bought a bowlback hard case from Elderly Instruments (NFI). I use gig bags in the house (I have more than one bowlback) but bought a hard case in case I decide to take one out of the house to play.
  14. Thread: Bowlback cases

by Beanzy
    Replies
    Views

Re: Bowlback cases

I bought one of the Viking cases from Hobgoblin.
    They're very deep in the bowl area so I just lifted the side padding from below and inserted foam strips to custom fit it to the Calace, same with...