Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: New Videos - Brooklyn Bluegrass Bash

Another new video from the 2016 Bluegrass Bash. Critter's back, but on guitar this time with his duo partner Julian Lage. The boys take apart a BG instrumental standard, and put it back together...
  2. Re: Mandolin Exercises for Dummies corrupted audio files

Hey folks here is the link. I have put these files into my personal dropbox as the publisher is clearly having some issues with the audio files. Maybe they should have kept putting CDs in the books...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: What was under YOUR tree this Christmas?

I got an "Alexa" echo dot thingy. Its like "Seri" for your home. You activate it by saying its name and then ask it a question ("whats the weather today" or give it a command "play me some bluegrass...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: What was under YOUR tree this Christmas?

Those are pretty strict I hear..."Ve haf vays to make you tock"
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Question For Robert At FolkMusicians

Good Morning Guys n' Gals!

I enjoy being part of the community.

On to the question (keep in mind, I am still on the first cup of coffee). :)

The past KM-855 is a really nice mandolin. It is...
  6. Replies
    Views

Instead of starting a new thread for the 2016 (Fifth Annual) Brooklyn Bluegrass Bash videos - I'll just place them here for now. First out, Michael Daves, Tony Trischka and Friends. There's a...
  7. Replies
    Views

Re: When you started and why and where you ened up?

In high school everyone was playing guitar. It made you cool.

Being a contrarian I both wanted to be cool, and at the same time I didn't want to follow the herd.

I chose mandolin.

By the...
  8. Re: Prairie Home Companion last night with Trey Anastasio

I'll admit I was never a listener to PHC either. I picked up the mandolin last year at age 48 with the only musical background of playing violin for 3 years in middle school. Hanging around this...
  9. Replies
    Views

It was a fun show again this year. Here's another video of TT from the 2015 Bash. An interesting note about tempo - like with a lot of great OT and Bluegrass players they give the impression of...
  10. Replies
    Views

Tony Trischka takes the lead on this tune of his. David Grisman played on the studio recording and, as you can hear, Sarah Jarosz had some fun with that! I LOVE this performance.

11. Thread: Where's Waldo?

by bobrem
    Replies
    Views

Where's Waldo?

I found my pick. Can you?

12. Replies
    Views

Re: Prairie Home Streaming Now

You can really tell how much this show actually does mean to Chris...
    I think he and all those involved with the show are really putting their hearts into this.
    We'll done!

Dem
  13. Replies
    Views

Chris is doing a great job and I think he will just keep getting better as he gets more familiar with the whole process. I really enjoyed the whole show--rushed home to stream it. Never did that with...
  14. Replies
    Views

Brittanny Haas and Chris's playing Dizzy Gillespie's Salt Peanuts was beyond awesome.

Chris's answer on their Who is the Biggest Geek gameshow skit when asked what qualified him as a geek, "I have...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: Thile's First Prairie Home Companion

Sarah Jarosz is in the house band? That's a pretty good house band ...
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Primal fear of changing strings...

There is nothing to be afraid of. Most people seem to want to make it much more complicated than it needs to be. You don't need a string winder,tape, complicated string locking etc.
    First of all,...
  17. Re: Buying with your ears - total shock for me

Ears are not bad for a musical instrument decision, or so it seems. Men have made worse decisions with less appropriate body parts.
    But the sad undertone points to the tragedy of a less than perfect...
  18. Replies
    Views

Re: The Traveling Pick Sampler: Take II

All right, we have a nice pile of picks here as you can see, broken down by donor. Thanks to all the folks who donated.

There are too many to list in detail, but the highlights are the Wegen...
  19. Replies
    Views

Favorite Thile Quotes?

I'm sitting here during the intermission of a Chris Thile/Bela Fleck show, and this wonderful bit of wittiness just transpired:

-----

Thile: *drops water bottle cap.*

Fleck: "Just put that...
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: This is incredible...

I am pretty contrarian in my tastes, which is why, when everyone was playing guitar I picked up a mandolin.

That said I soon enough realized that being exactly 180 degrees out of fashion is...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: This is incredible...

We may disagree, but I think a "departure from what they are used to" is what PHC needs to survive. The original audience has aged right along with Garrison Keillor, and they won't be listening and...
  22. Replies
    Views

Re: Classical vs Bluegrass

If no-one dies, it ain't Bluegrass...
  23. Replies
    Views

Re: Classical vs Bluegrass

Well, opera is usually about love, lust, betrayal, murder, redemption. . . .no wait, that was bluegrass. . . . :)
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: The other search continues

2 good Classical World Thile's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXDL6_3gFu0&feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75gKafZikqM&feature=youtu.be

IMO these 2 give good credence to...
  25. Replies
    Views

The other search continues

I've been on this crazy YouTube Thile marathon after posting the "this is incredible post" earlier today ...
    Im in search of the best Thile video to share with some colleagues. I want to know what...
Page 1 of 2 1 2