Search:

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Re: Stephen Perry updates, shop running again, located N. Va.

Bart, George and Alex... I admire your optimism!
  2. Replies
    Views

Slowplayers.Org. Is Back on Line

Glad to have it back
    https://slowplayers.org/1295-2/
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Church Praise Band Question

This thread reminds me of something I’d not thought of in many years. My wife and I got married very young and I started attending her church. I was 20 and had been playing (owning, really) guitar...
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson A-50 (43-CPR 7)

Per Paul Fox's book "The Complete Guide to Gibson Mandolins" page 151, the price shown on the tag was current for 1952. Didn't change until 1956.

That seems to agree with the single line Kluson...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Stromberg Voisinet tuners explained

Done, but it’s MK V. The first version using the original gear and worm in a new, solid housing, failed because the gear would be the part that failed and would be expensive to reproduce. The next...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: Tailpeice alignment- is this a problem?

It'll pull parallel (more or less) with the neck away from the headstock. Some people use a coin for leverage and as a finger saver. They can be tight, if they're crooked it might be tighter. But,...
  7. Replies
    Views

Andy Statman's son has passed

Sad news in the extended mandolin community: Andy Statman's son, Moshe, has passed after battling Leukemia. There's a fund set up and administered by the family here.

Details of this at that link....
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: How Many Gibson Mandobasses are there?!

I was still speaking about harp guitars for the 3000 (minimum) number. Mandobasses likely less by a a fair percentage.
  9. Re: Just got a tone-gard a couple days ago

I've read that Bill Monroe did it that way because he didn't want to take his hat off every time he put his mandolin on or took it off. He was self-conscious about what his hat did to his hair.
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: The Dewey Murphy Loar Mandolin Project

I brings me great comfort to see a $100,000 mandolin with a piece of paper stuffed in a low nut slot just like the rest of us do!
  11. Replies
    Views

Howe-Orme Model Specs

Greetings all. I couldn't locate a recent H-O thread to include this on, so creating a new post here - the goal just to get this archived somewhere besides my office. I stumbled on this yesterday...
  12. Replies
    Views

Re: Darryl Wolfe selling off stuff

Darryl, I don’t see how anyone can be offended in the conversion. Who plays lutes these day anyway? The mandola coversion is perfect.
  13. Replies
    Views

Re: How to de-skunk a mando?

The only thing I've found that truly works is an ozone generator. You can buy a small one for $25 on Amazon. I bought an old Vega banjo from an individual that must have been a chain smoker. I...
  14. Recording King Dirty 30’s mandolin review

I’ve had the Recording King Dirty 30’s mandolin for a couple days and thought I’d make a quick review. Basically, for the price I haven’t played a better cheap/beater mandolin. It’s not great, but...
  15. Replies
    Views

Re: D'Adarrio humidipak with Big Mon

Boveda has a similar system for violin and viola instruments. It’s a much smaller system.

https://www.sharmusic.com/products/boveda-violin-viola-humidification-system
  16. Replies
    Views

Re: Linda Lou my Gibson

Yes, mine - details previously given.

N.B. Please ignore my last post - those are worm under - what was I thinking !!!!
  17. Replies
    Views

That's a plain style A with a "snakehead" peghead, built in 1923, and shipped in 1925.
    An A-2 would have bindings around the fingerboard and fancier rings around the soundhole.
  18. Replies
    Views

Hi Sharon. Bill Kammerzell here. I was texting with you last night and recommended Mike E. I dont know how you logged on but if you used your phone go to full web version scroll down from your post...
  19. Replies
    Views

Re: Old Woodworking Machines

Well done! ;)
  20. Replies
    Views

Re: Old Woodworking Machines

I think you’ll better with a general listing, like Craigslist, since it’s not really luthier-specific stuff or terribly antique — except for the Walker Turner; there seems to be a rabid bunch of W-T...
  21. Replies
    Views

Re: Recording King Fret size

I have 2 grandsons that are guitar players. One is a fair guitarist, the other is really good. They both wanted to try mandolin but couldn’t afford one. They were shocked at the cost of mandolins...
  22. Re: Hopefully better questions about Brazilian Rosewood

Your photo did not upload.

When I go to fancy guitar shows these days, everyone acts like they are Pablo Escobar selling wood behind the scenes. Counterfeit documentation and receipts from the pre...
  23. Replies
    Views

Ohio Heritage Fellow : Don Macrostie

I am having a hard time embedding this video of Don so a link will have to do...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj2xTSBhusc&t=12s

Well worth watching.
  24. Replies
    Views

Re: new trend?

Let me get back to you on that in 19 years.
  25. Thread: RIP Frank Ford

by tuhker
    Replies
    Views

Re: RIP Frank Ford

Here's a link to some wonderful memories friends and colleagues shared. https://www.kudoboard.com/boards/ooJ0ixB0
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4