Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. FREE chord melody lesson: LADY BE GOOD -from Aaron Weinstein

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_vdd5bM2sk
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: Blues mando recommendations

Chris: I have 10 or so blues tunes recorded on my YouTube channel and can share chord and lyric charts if you want...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Thoughts on the Gibson F9?

I owned a 2003 A9 for some years, but could not adjust to the neck. It was loud, but I found out that I actually prefered the tone on my 1949 A40, so the A9 got sold.
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Moving to Denver

About four years ago I moved from Louisiana to Colorado. So with respect to changes in environment, you’ll be encountering a situation similar to mine.

Here’s what I found to be helpful:
  5. Replies
    Views

FWIW - I grew up in northern NM at 7000' above sea level. Higher drier and colder than Dember. I never thought twice about humidification for my violin or guitar while living there. My Grandpa's...
  6. Replies
    Views

Welcome to Colorado! I live in Lafayette and work in Boulder. Lot's of good picking around here. I can go to a jam any night of the week.

I like to keep my mandolin out of the case on a stand. I...
  7. Replies
    Views

:)

Welcome to the mad house!
  8. Replies
    Views

Your instruments, may, in a couple of years, hit what i call equilibrium, ie be ok with colorado humidity. They may not. Bit slowing the change is critical.

I use a cellulose songe, pretty damp...
  9. Replies
    Views

Welcome to Colorado! I use 2 dampits in each case. One threaded into the body of the mandolin through the F hole, or into the oval hole and one in the area of the headstock. I wet them every 2-3 days...
  10. Replies
    Views

We recommend the oasis mandolin case humidifiers at the store I work at in Boulder. Check out the Boulder Pickers
    and Denver Pickers Facebook pages for picks and local bluegrass shows. Welcome!
  11. Replies
    Views

Denver's dry -- no big news there. Proper humidification, and watch for signs of drying out.
  12. Replies
    Views

I also keep mine in the case with a humidifier when I'm not playing.

Never had any problems so far, but I did have an issue with a guitar top when I (by which i mean my teenage daughter :grin:)...
  13. Replies
    Views

I'm live in Denver and keep my instruments in their cases with case humidifiers except in the summer, now, when I can reach 45% in my music area (humidifier running). Colorado is tough on instruments