Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Re: Mando string winder adapter for cordless drill?

Nah! Real mando players don't use some wimpy cordless screwdriver with a plastic string-winder attachment -- they use an air hammer with a chrome-moly steel impact socket (available in a series of...
  2. Replies
    Views

Re: The Travelin' McCourys

Last night I was at that Del and Dawg show. Dawg said Ronnie is the best bluegrass mandolin player right now. For the dawg to even think let alone say that, that means a lot! I thought that was...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: 23 Loar Setup Video

Yep, how many times did you hear the ends of the strings rub across the top?
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson's 120th Anniversary F5 mandolin

I can't speak for Timbofood of course, but I don't see how not liking the Florida "billboard" equates to denigrating Gibson or Dave Harvey.

Speaking for myself, I have nothing but the highest...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Gibson's 120th Anniversary F5 mandolin

Yes... noticed that too on the very latest ones. Some kind of difference on the CNC tooling by the looks of it.

Unfortunate.

PS: The 'Gibson' script on the florida looks seriously out of place...
  6. Replies
    Views

Re: New Ellis custom Oriole peghead inlay

Believe me, it didn't really go this fast. It took a couple months
  7. Replies
    Views

Milwaukee Mandolin Orch.

Congratulations to the MMO for their Nov 2 concert. Music director Rene Izquierdo, soloists Carlo Aonzo, Linda Binder, Mikhail Litvin and members of the MMO provided a memorable afternoon of...
  8. Replies
    Views

Re: How many mandolins is considered to many ?

Good point. I have always felt the same way. I have been playing for 38 years and I still have one mandolin. But it's a good one, and I use it to learn songs. Never was big on trying to play any...
  9. Replies
    Views

Re: How many mandolins is considered to many ?

I got interested in mandolins about 8 years ago, with a background (at that time) of 30+ years playing guitar. I spent roughly a year deciding what mandolin to buy as my first one. I used the...