Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

New music video w/ Gilchrist F5 1997

Good afternoon all, our band (fauxgrass) just got done w/ this video and posted on our youtube channel...just wanted to pass it along...enjoy! The tune is called Riot in the Ranger, by Fauxgrass. ...
  2. Played a Morris? Incredible. My Review of a Morris A4

I have had my Morris A4e for 5 months now. This mandolin is absolutely the sweetest instrument to play and the sound is incredible. Howard built this for me for under $1000, then I added a K&K pure...
  3. Replies
    Views

Re: Age of realization

I'm more likely to get paid not to play!
  4. Replies
    Views

Re: Age of realization

Well, luckily for me (at least from my point of view), I'm just too thick to have had such a realization, and I've just kept plugging away, trying to get good enough, and then, yay! At the somewhat...
  5. Replies
    Views

Re: Knowing is hearing

Let's look at 'bad' vs BAD. Is an instrument that doesn't sound like, or as 'good' as, one you currently own or desire, 'bad'? Must it possess faulty craftsmanship to qualify as BAD? And what can be...
  6. Replies
    Views

My new BigFAt Ugly Mando

Uhh Oh...

7. Replies
    Views

Re: My Stiver and me

Just some quick photos. I intended to take some better photos to really show it off but I keep playing it ha ha.

8. Random Copics. Share your mandolin pics!

Left my mandolin out a couple nights the past week, and this happened. Though not as bad as my cleaning lady moving it from the chair and standing it up in the corner on the hardwood floor this...
  9. Replies
    Views

One of my dreams is realized!

I've always wanted to have a mandolin/string group with kids that I teach. When I taught in Miami (for 21 years) it never happened. Since leaving Miami and moving back home to GA, I'm at a new...
  10. Replies
    Views

Re: post a video of yourself

This is my 2012 Dave Harvey Gibson F-5 Goldrush. I'v been playing about 2+ years so please be kind and Merry Christmas. Any tips I would welcome. My friend Paul is playing his Martin D-18. F-5...
  11. Replies
    Views

Finally got a Clark F5!

I finally get to keep one! Number 142
    Red Spruce and Red Maple, oil varnish/ French polish, Waverly machines and a Calton case on order!

I'm a happy camper....
  12. Re: Let's hear you play your favourite Christmas Carol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeMvrbmRS28